So......October

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

So......October

Postby bonger » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 pm

There are 5 weekends in October this year. We plan on getting away for three of them. Is anyone here keen to crack the 5 :grin:

We hope over those three weekends that we will improve our campsite each time. I always find that when we go away and say to ourselves, 'we should do that next time', we never end up doing it as most of the time we forget about it. Hopefully this way we can get the improvements happening!

Cheers
Mitsi Challenger, 06 Trackabout Deluxe Tourer, Wife, Child and Dog. Sometimes not in that order :P
bonger
Camping King

Re: So......October

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 pm

We are going away for 5 nights over the Oct long weeked to Mallacoota soooo that would count as 2 weekends :lol: & then for another weekend at Mudgee at the end of Oct so that would be 3 for us too!!!!! :armsup

Only time we ever get away for a week is at Xmas when we shut the shop so to get away for 5 nights in the middle of the year is a big thing for us ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Whats the shop?
Anything interesting?

Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:17 pm

We're only doing one long weekend. Still a tad cold here then...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:29 pm

We have a plasterboard trade centre, we retail (trade & DIY) as well as supply & fix. Have 4 employees (3 fully qualified plasterers + 1 adult apprentice), hubby also is a plasterer.

We only close for 2 weeks over Xmas so long weekends are like gold to us.....We sometimes take an day or two in addition to the long weekends and let the foreman run the team but the shop is shut as I run that side of the business.. :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Spent 19 yrs in Builders Hardware,,,,when I was younger XB....Luv a penny for every sheet of plaster board we loaded onto trucks.....Even stuck a sheet-or-2 up myself....lol.
I once went 6yrs without a holiday....took a long time before I accepted that I was was replace-able for the odd week away with the family....until then....I used to take them out to the beach and set it up for them.....then commute every day.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Yep loaded a few trucks myself in the last 12 years Rosco.....

If anyone had told me 20yrs ago that I would be doing this I would have laughed at them!!!!

We were both in the banking industry for the first 8yrs of our marriage and then had the opportunity to come home and buy the family business so took the plunge and started again!!!!!.....Was hard the first ten years and still is quite hard but starting to see light at the end of the tunnel now..... :cheers

A bit of hard work never killed anybody!!!!! ;)

And the kids are settled because we are not moving towns every 1-2 years anymore, makes a huge difference when the kids are happy!!!! :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Wonder what Titch is up to today...wonder if hes awake yet ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Serenity Now » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Not going to crack the 5 w/e in October but we have 10 nights to camp in September school hols.

We are meeting friends at the Warrumbungles for 5 nights and we have 5 nights before then.

So we might be camping maybe at Lake Burrendong.
Not sure.
Any opinions betwen Shellharbour and Warrumbungles.

SN
Serenity Now
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am

Burrendong will be lovely by then SN. They also have a water slide but it wasnt open when we were there.

It's currently at 54% and still rising.....it was only 16% or so when we were there in June so there will be plenty of water to play in.

We are still expecting more rain this week so things are starting to look up for a change out here. ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Well I am looking at only 2 weekend camps in October BUT doing a bit of a road trip for 4 weeks in November.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 pm

4 weeks sounds like heaven, gypsy.

I have almost decided to not camp in October at all... For once I should stay at home and get organised here. One of my tasks will be to finally clean up the garage and store all my camping gear neatly together so it's easier to pack and unpack. That will motivate me more to go away for weekends.

So looks like our next camping trip will be in November with a group of friends. They suggested to go somewhere closeby at the coast, in which case Moruya would be best. I want to go to Wee Jasper...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Lin wrote:4 weeks sounds like heaven, gypsy.

Hope so Lin....don't have a whole lot planned as such, other than Yamba and Corindi Beach....the rest of it will be basically how the wind blows.

Don't know that area at all so there will be lots of visits to the Info Centres as I go.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:59 am

I love going into the info centres Gypsy....you find out heaps...

SN: You could try stopping in at Mudgee on the way as it's a nice town with lots of wineries. We go to Mudgee once a year for the Day on the Green concert at Oatley vineyards and always stay at the Riverside CP which is in the middle of town but quite and it backs onto the river....really pretty place with great owners. Just a thought.

http://www.mudgeeriverside.com.au/

Wollemi National park would be nice too, we have never been there but have the glow worm tunnel and Newnes on our to do list.

Also if you decide to stay at Burrendong it's not far into Wellington to visit the caves and they also have heaps of other things to do judging by their website. We didn't go into town when we were there but we also have the caves on our to do list.....our list gets bigger by the day :*** :***

http://www.visitwellington.com.au/bwWebsite/followon.aspx?PageID=4539
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:37 am

xmasbaby67 wrote:I love going into the info centres Gypsy....you find out heaps...

That's how all my trips are pretty well planned XB, get the basic itinerary down and then hit all the information centres along to way to pick up the local info.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat