Which tent do l buy?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Which tent do l buy?

Postby kingfamilycamping » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:11 pm

We are after a tent to buy for our family of 4 we won't something strong and that is going to stand the test of time. We think we have narrowed it down to the Black Wolf Turbo Lite Twin 300 or the Oztrail Cabin 12 x 15. Although the Oztrail is more spacious it is going to take longer to put up and pack away. What do you guys recommend l really like the black wolf tents for the ease of putting up and packing away. Let me know open to suggestions guys.
Cheers,
Jordan
kingfamilycamping

Re: Which tent do l buy?

Postby Titch » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Big welcome to the forum.
I have nothing to suggest about the tents, except my M I L has a black Wolf tent and loves it.
Because its the weekend, reply s will be slow, but when Monday comes you will get a lot of input.
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby doakley » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi
We had a BW turbo twin 300 and it is a GREAT tent. Our only reason for selling it was that we upgraded to a camper trailer and did not need both. We sold it for $50 less than we paid for it.

It is extremely quick and easy to set up and pack away. In the end I think it was actually a bit tooo big for us (we have 3 kids) for weekend trips but completely awesome for longer stays.

I dont know the other tent but our camper trailer is oztrail and we love it too!!

Have fun with your decision making!
doakley
Boy Scout

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:54 pm

If you click the search field above and search under tents you will find lots of advise here is a thread to one of them; viewtopic.php?f=29&t=81&hilit=tents
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 pm

:hello: Welcome to the forum King Family.....

We had an Oztrail Oddessy tent before our Campertrailer and it used to be a pain to put up.....was very spacious though but everytime we had very windy days we would always have one of the geopoles break, which was a pain as after every trip we would have to make repairs.

Let us all know which one you decide to go with?????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:15 pm

You might want to check out the Oztrail tourer 9 delux. It's roomy enough for 4 adults, very easy to setup and being canvas, If looked well after It should last abit longer than a poly tent. They're not the best quality canvas but very well priced.
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Sorry disagree DD......

Buy a poly tent Jordan....not as expensive and it will last until you get a CT....which most people move to pretty quickly.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby 4OFUS » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:00 pm

We upgraded to the BW Lite Turbo. It was our 2nd tent and its been great.
Set up time is about 5min.Its stood up to being packed up and down for weeks on end. It has a few slight wear holes in some places but that was because we stored poles in the bag a few times and a little mouse problem..
Its strong- has withstood one of the duststorms out at Marree last year.
The annexe/awning is not huge- but if we are away for longer than a few days we usually use a tarp for extra space/cover/rain /heat protection.
It has never leaked and is well ventilated.

Its not a huge tent, however we fit 4 stretcher beds easily and can store our stuff under the stretcher beds.
We were maybe thinking of moving to a camper trailer, but this is pretty easy and suits our younger kids ages.
Our first tent was a Oztrail 4 room monster and it took ages to set up, and sometimes just was too big some sites.
4OFUS
Boy Scout

Return to General Chit-Chat