Detecting for gold

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Detecting for gold

Postby BigCat » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:14 pm

As the wife and I travel around this great land one of our hobbies we want to pursue is to detect for some gold. What I am wondering is how to get permission from the owners of the land. Has anyone had any experience with this and what has been the response. ::)
Cheers
BigCat
BigCat

Re: Detecting for gold

Postby Titch » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby BigCat » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks for that Titch I'll check it out

BigCat
BigCat

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:12 pm

So...You get your approval to occupy..then ????????????
This is what I'm keen to hear about...
I bought a 2nd hand brand new Detector from a guy who was going to ''detect'' his way around Aussie....Unfortunatly for him ''HIS WIFE'' forgot to pack it before they headed off........long story shortened.....it never got to leave town...
We have , our small shovels, sieves,detector..etc.....what we need.......be great to hear some of your stories...if you have been out....and where you went.

:cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:53 pm

The only other thing you might need is luck. I recently bought a gold pan, If I don't find anything I'm going to take it back and say it didn't work. :lol:
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 pm

We bought 2 of them as well....Where did you try ???
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:17 pm

There's a few places around the Braidwood, Nerriga area, inland on the south coast of NSW
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby Jo&Kev » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 am

I had a pan in Araluen Creek for an hour or so a while back. Found some really small flecks. I find it relaxing if not financially rewarding! We didn't camp but the free campsite at Araluen would be nice in summer. And it seems to be public land so there was no need to seek permission to pan there...

Kev
Cheers
Kev

Proudly running actnswcamping.blogspot.com - a blog about camping in the ACT and NSW region.
Jo&Kev
Camping King

Postby Lin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:42 am

I occasionally take the back road from Araluen to Moruya (goregous road, be it a tad hairy in a little Astra), so next time I do that, I'll make sure to get a pan and give it a go!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Lin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:46 am

Hey Kev, I assume that means there is actually water in that creek at the moment? I'm thinking of going there in November, but always want to camp near water. Are there any other good spots to camp there? I know there's Major's Creek, but I'm not sure if it'll be the kind of place we'd like... And now I'm really keen to give panning a go!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Any ''Good-Luck'' stories from up here in Queensland ????....say...near the Brisbane area.
I'd be quite keen to make it a ''Theme'' for a ''Gold-Pot-Camp-Over'' Week-End..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

:cheers
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby mojon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Not in Queensland, but Rover Park is about 2.5 - 3 hours from Brisbane, near Tenterfield. It has camping, 4WDing, various animals, a flying fox, a water slide, and a creek that you can pan for gold in. We camped there last year and found a speck of gold in the creek without even trying - (unless it was fools gold ... :oops: )

http://www.roverpark.com.au/.
Cheers,
Sean

(Login was mojo, but with the new website I somehow ended up as mojon ...)
mojon

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:14 pm

mojon wrote:Not in Queensland, but Rover Park near Tenterfield. It has camping, 4
http://www.roverpark.com.au/.

Also not pet friendly unless they have changed their policy in recent times.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mojon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Just had a quick look at the website, well behaved dogs on a leash are OK it seems ...
Cheers,
Sean

(Login was mojo, but with the new website I somehow ended up as mojon ...)
mojon

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 pm

mojon wrote:Just had a quick look at the website, well behaved dogs on a leash are OK it seems ...

That is GREAT news....they have obviously changed their policy and not before time IMO, thanks mojon.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat