Site update & bugs

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Site update & bugs

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:36 pm

OK...let's try this....

Oh Derek....you are my Hero....a real genius....thank you O Kind One.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 pm

I found a solution for the Auto Log in issue people are having! :armsup

PMd Activity Guy

Where do i send the invoice to?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Titch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:22 pm

I finally got in :booty :booty :booty but an R has been added to my user name. ::()
Can some one remove the R please,I cant do it in Edit my profile.Please please please.
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Titch R wrote:I finally got in :booty :booty :booty but an R has been added to my user name. ::()
Can some one remove the R please,I cant do it in Edit my profile.Please please please.
Titch

Might have to wait until we get the Real Deal Titch for that to happen.....this sure is hard work now.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Very different it is.
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Titch R wrote:Very different it is.
Titch

And not at all good at this stage....sure hope it gets better SOON.

Got an email from XB and she could not get in at all today and she is not happy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Joy - Support . » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Hello everyone,
Well we are working on the issues bit by bit.
1) text color should have that fixed soon.
2) Titch: you can change/modify your username under settings beside the logout. I think it defaults to your first name and last initial. But that goes for everyone feel free to change your username there.
3) Login, a few members managed to find an old login button that we missed and logged in using this. Which unfortunately caused some drama and we will try and tidy this up tomorrow so yes unfortunately they are out for the day. Yes we did remove the old login found somewhere inside the forum.
4) This is the latest PHPBB so things may look a little different in here but colors etc. are quite easy to change if there is any functionality issues other then above please let me know.
5) The box on the left is for your own pic, you can add this under the main profile button then click on the My Media tab. There will be other things added below this so it looks a little out of place now however it will come together soon. You can also create albums there (private or shared) and you may note on the map page you can create photo stories i.e. using your pics and text panels then set its loction on the map and share it across the map. Good for travel stories or on location reviews etc. (still has a few bugs though).
6) There is a chat tool on the bottom left tool bar (currently not on the forum page but will be soon). To see your friends in there you need to make them friends by going to their profile (in the site) and clicking on invite as friend (we will link avatar to these in due course). These friends and contacts can be found under mail in contacts where you can add them to folders, delete etc.
7) There are lots of features here but remember they are only there if you want to use them. If you are happy just on the forum then don't worry about the other features. If you are curious then feel free to snoop around. I will be your support person and I will try my best to help if you need me I am in your friends list just click and send me a msg.
Please add any other bugs you may find below.
Thank you
Joy - Support .

Postby stevo. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Joy!!!!!

Can you check the domain cookie address in the admin settings?

It is probably still set as "forum.camping.com.au"

if you change it to "test.camping.com.au" it should fix the auto log in issue :armsup
stevo.

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks Joy for the udate. My question is can we get rid of the box of the left as it pushes everything to the right and off centre and requires much scrolling to bring it back in line.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Joy - Support . » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi Steve,
Thank you for that the test site was only up for the day the DNS should be pointing back to forum.camping.com.au but I notice it is now at camping.com.au/phpbb so I will check that one out for you.

Gypsylady:
The box is for your photo, you can add one under the profile button/My Media tab. There will be other featured that are meant to come under here so it will be a index of sorts in time. I am assuming you have a 14" screen or smaller. You maybe able to change your screen resolution also you can try holding down the Ctrl key and click on the - (minus) key. This will shrink the page (in later vrs of windows anyway). In terms of removing it I don't honestly know that one I think we need to see what goes below it first but I will keep you posted. :mrgreen: Its hard to find a smiley face on here I think we need some new smiley's.
Joy - Support .

Postby stevo. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm

joy - support. wrote:Hi Steve,
Thank you for that the test site was only up for the day the DNS should be pointing back to forum.camping.com.au but I notice it is now at camping.com.au/phpbb so I will check that one out for you.

ah ok i've lost track of where it is! I was just using it through "test.camping.com.au"

so now i'm on the "camping.com.au/phpbb" ...

but if you've got it back at the forum.camping subdomain then we'll just wait and it'll all be good :armsup

i better go find some problems to keep you busy then! :***
stevo.

Postby Joy - Support . » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi Steve,
Yes that would be good you can be our bugger (so to speak). Oh and sorry I'm not Russian. But yes I am 37 :grin:
Joy - Support .

Postby Titch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Nope cannot remove the R.
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Now its telling me I cannot use the search section ,everytime I click on something.
Titch
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:44 pm

joy - support. wrote:Gypsylady:
The box is for your photo, you can add one under the profile button/My Media tab.
Its hard to find a smiley face on here I think we need some new smiley's.

Joy....I don't want or feel the need for my photo to be added and would prefer to have the forum thread take up the full screen and not have to constsntly scroll to the right. Yes I have a small screen with an older PC + a laptop which I use.

I also don't use smileys, again I personally don't feel the need for them and yes I understand there are those who do like them.

I prefer the KISS principal.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat