Mt Tamborine Glow Worm Caves

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Mt Tamborine Glow Worm Caves

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:16 am

Has anyone been to visit the glow worm caves at Mt Tamborine and if so would you like to share your experience with us.

It is something I have wanted to do for a long time and I just never seem to get around to going.

http://www.cedarcreekestate.com.au/visitor.html
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Mt Tamborine Glow Worm Caves

Postby sienna » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:23 am

I took Alex to see them while my brothe and his wife tasted the wine.
It wasn't very expensive as I recall.
They take you down into a man made chamber/cave first to let your eyes adjust and to show a short video. Then you walk into pitch black room with tiny little red lights on the floor to see the glow worms.
They are pretty cool to see. You can't take any photos inside the glow worm cave cos you'll kill the worms.
I thought it was done well. The whole thing only takes about half an hr, if that. I liked it.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks sienna....sounds wonderful but I must say the no pics bit is a bit disappointing. One can take pics these day without a flash although I must admit not everyone would be that sensible or considerate.

I remember when I went to see the bilbies....people were asked not to use a flash and they were going off all over the place. They spoil it for everyone else.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 pm

We have them in NZ Gypsy....we went by boat very quietly through the caves ,,,,,
We will get up to see them here....one day

:cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat