Summer Weather

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Summer Weather

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:44 am

Did you guys see the forcast for the next 8 days.....Haven't we had enough bad weather for awhile......
Then to hear the weather for the rest of summer..Didn't look to encouraging for Summer Camping this year. :(

current national summary Troughs in the east are generating rain and isolated storms across eastern parts of QLD, NSW, VIC and south-eastern SA. A trough and low are triggering thundery showers in the northwest and tropics. A ridge of high pressure is keeping the interior mostly clear.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Summer Weather

Postby stevo. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:52 am

It's been raining all year :(

So is it going to rain over Christmas?

When ever i go to Coffs Harbour at Christmas it rains, so i thought i'd go north instead this year. Maybe i need a bildge pump for my boat? :?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GazOfOz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 am

Well I guess after a 10 year drought you got to expect the whole weather pattern to cycle back to a wet one.

There looks like most of the rain is on the coast so maybe plan for western trips.
I went out to Walcha & Uralla last weekend and the area is all nice and green.

GazOfOz
GazOfOz
Camping King

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 am

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Welcome to the first day of summer Happy Campers, here I sit, it's piddling down outside....creek is rising......roads are blocked between Baradine and Coonabarabran, and possibly Coonamble Rd......GO AWAY LA NINIA or whatever it is called !!!!
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:53 am

And if we are to believe the weather man (for once...lol),,,,You have got 7 days more of this rain.....
I'm supposed to be going out on a deep sea fishing charter tomorrow.... :( ....its been cancelled for the next few days atleast.
Its rained here (Brisbane) on & off all nite....finally stopped now.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Val n Rob wrote:......roads are blocked between Baradine and Coonabarabran, and possibly Coonamble Rd!!!!

WOW...that must have happened pretty quickly.....I was out there a couple days ago....literally. Must have gotten out JIT. I did leave Pilliga with some pretty heavy clouds hanging about.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:36 pm

we have blue skys and sunshine out of the windows facing west and clouds out facing east :armsup It will probably be pouring down in another half hour!!!!

:beer :beer :beer this is what the weather will drive us all to!!!!!
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 pm

WOW...that must have happened pretty quickly.....I was out there a couple days ago....literally. Must have gotten out JIT. I did leave Pilliga with some pretty heavy clouds hanging about.[/quote]

Hi Gypsy It started raining here on Sunday or Monday, and we have had some really heavy downpours. The creek behind us is a raging torrent, usually is dry. No worries about flooding we are quite high up. Yesterday saw some really heavy showers. Its a beaut day outside now, sun and blue skys, but only if you look westward !!!!! ::)
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Val n Rob wrote:Hi Gypsy It started raining here on Sunday or Monday,

I left Pilliga on Sunday.....Had a tyre fixed in Baradine a day or two before and stayed overnight at Coonabarabran the night before. Came back from Baradine to Coona after the tyre puncture so that I could continue to travel on the black top.

Went from there to BJ and then Pilliga. Had it not been for the savage sandflies at Pilliga, I would have probably stayed on longer.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:06 pm

GypsyLady wrote:
Val n Rob wrote:Hi Gypsy It started raining here on Sunday or Monday,

I left Pilliga on Sunday.....Had a tyre fixed in Baradine a day or two before and stayed overnight at Coonabarabran the night before. Came back from Baradine to Coona after the tyre puncture so that I could continue to travel on the black top.

Went from there to BJ and then Pilliga. Had it not been for the savage sandflies at Pilliga, I would have probably stayed on longer.

oh bugger, would have liked to meet you Gypsy, ah well, sometime later we may be in the same area. Its probably lucky you didn't stay at Pilliga, that black dirt around the bore gets pretty boggy in the wet. ::)
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:19 pm

That's what I thought too Val/Rob and the weather probably would have scared me off if the sandflies did not. Where in that area are you?? PM me if you'd prefer not to reply on a public forum as to your location.

OT for a bit.....after seeing he Oprah show yesterday.....I am even more viligant about not putting up too much personal info on a public site and understand if others feel the same way.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:06 pm

We have had over 100mm here this week ::() ::() ::()

The poor farmers had FANTASTIC crops around here and were just about to start harvest and the big rain hit and now it doesnt look good at all with more forecast for the next 7 days :cry:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Yes the poodle snoodles got there hair cut on Wednesday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:13 am

Lovely pics!

We had horrid weather in Canberra too. Some local flooding and quite a few roads closed. The grass grows so incredibly fast that few can keep up with the mowing... Normally this time of year it has pretty much stopped growing.

I do worry about our 2 week camping trip over Xmas. I'm expecting the worst. If it rains every day, we're only staying for one week and then we'll have 1 week at home instead. That's the vague plan, anyway.

But you never know, we may get lucky. I organised a campfire with friends in the backyard last night. The we had soooo much rain the days before that I cooked a lasagna because I never believed that we'd be able to light the fire and have our intended bbq.

We didn't get a drop of rain all night! Ok, i'm lying, it started spitting very, very lightly around 10 and around midnight for 20 minutes. What luck!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 am

Just had a call from a friend who is another Security Guard trying to make his way back to work 25km out of Emerald....They are stuck in a little town 1/2 way,,,,can't go forwards and now can't go back....He said the flood came very quickly.....They have been told that they will be stuck there for atleast 3 days....''touch wood !!!''
And like you were saying XB....The bumper crops that were ready for harvesting....are now ruined....Gotta feel sorry for those Farmers.

:cheers
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat