Wildflowers

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Wildflowers

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:45 pm

I thought I'd share with you some of the wildflowers (and especially as I know how much Rosco loves flowers) I saw on my recent road trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Wildflowers

Postby Val n Rob » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:03 pm

I see a few of these wildflowers on my walks in the morning. The Cactus flowers are lovely but the plant is a pest. We came through the Number one break Rd in the Pilliga forest a couple of months ago and the bush was covered in wildflowers, particularly nice. ::)
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Yes I know of the cactus being a pest but it does have quite a lovely flower.....and quite a variety of them as well.

Val, the whole countryside overall is looking lovely with the wildflowers and the shades of green is quite unbelievable.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Driving along the road and there are fields and field of flowers.....yellow ones on the coastal roads.

White ones on the roads as you head west and especially in the areas where there is grain being grown though I doubt the two are related. Probably just need the same type of soil.

Then there is the white daisy looking ones that I saw in the NPs and similar sorts of areas with lots of bush type of vegetation.

Now I imagine most of these flowers are probably weeds of some sort....even so you do have to admit that they very attractive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 pm

yes it's a very beautiful time of the year when the wild flowers are blooming. Some are quite spectacular, including the cactus and their variety of colours. This year has been really good with the amount of rain we've had but Huey can turn it off now enoughs enough !!

::)
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Return to General Chit-Chat