Hi all...I finally made it back!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Hi all...I finally made it back!!

Postby Chicky Babe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 am

Hi everyone...hope you all had an awesome chrissy and new year...DID YA MISS ME :armsup ??

Well...left in a hurry to Gordon Country on the 23rd at 5am...after speaking to the owners the night b4 and they promised we could get through and needed 10 inches of rain overnight b4 we couldn't cross the creeks....well they must've had that...cause when we left it wasn't raining and slowly got worse as we crossed the Gap...turned off at gladysvale and crossed the first flood and went OMGoodness!!! actually it was more like OMFG!!! anyway...needless to say after 25mins of driving over flooded roads with a 2wd drive behind me (which I didn't know It was 2wd thought Jeff had a 4wd)...3 teenage girls hanging out my windows in the rain while crossing the creeks (they had a ball...there was a friend in front with a hilux crossing first so i knew the girls were safe) got just near GC and couldn't cross the creek...it was flowing too fast...so turned around..yes I actually did a 3 point turn and reversed the camper I was so proud of myself and headed back out...got to the highway, no one wanted to go home so we pulled up at Bestbrook Mountain Resort (sooooo expensive) went in, told our story and that we had 5 more families coming...came to an arrangement (as they had heaps of cancellations) and after 2 hours in their rec hall waiting for the rain to stop...decided to camp on this side of the creek...cause we couldn't cross it anyway...and promptly stayed their till the 3rd of Jan 2011!!!

What a holiday...mud...floods...horseriding...quad bikes...doof doof music and a friggin bar tab :beer :beer :beer !!! not my kind of camping normally but had a great time anyway...!! Better than being at home by myself...everyone came out and got there just in time for the creek flooding and b4 the gap closed! Lots of stories to tell and will report in the right section...just getting the photos right and in order and will post a trip report soon. Bestbrook management was awesome with us and am sure we will go back there...they won't be 4getting us in a hurry they said as we left!

Trip home wasn't so great...started off packing up in the mud...then got better and visited some great friends at Mutdapilly...left there and blew a tyre on the camper on the main highway...drivers side...S**t!! trust me to decide to travel home on my own rather than in a convoy...fixed it ...then took the wrong turn off on the arterial roads and did a huge block home...was exhausted and not happy!! funny how many travellers there were but none stopped to help me with the camper..quite unusual, I can do it on my own but you normally get at least one traveller stopping to offer..especially when it's a sexy mumma like me :*** :***

Glad to be back though but I missed my GC fix..so gunna have to fix that!

will post report soon!!

Missed everyone and looking fwd to all the news i need to catch up on!!

cheers
CB :?#
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Re: Hi all...I finally made it back!!

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Chicky Babe wrote:cause when we left it wasn't raining and slowly got worse as we crossed the Gap...turned off at gladysvale and crossed the first flood and went OMGoodness!!!

Do you mean Gladfield or Maryvale CB??

WOW CB....I left home on 24th and headed out past Bestbrook and on to Warwick and south...no water or rain anywhere....you must have been very unlucky. The gods of sunshine did not favour you at all....

PS....can't wait for the report and pics.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Where did you camp Chicky? Sounds like on the side of the road?

Yeah look forward to some pics! :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Chicky Babe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

GypsyLady wrote:
Chicky Babe wrote:cause when we left it wasn't raining and slowly got worse as we crossed the Gap...turned off at gladysvale and crossed the first flood and went OMGoodness!!!

Do you mean Gladfield or Maryvale CB??

WOW CB....I left home on 24th and headed out past Bestbrook and on to Warwick and south...no water or rain anywhere....you must have been very unlucky. The gods of sunshine did not favour you at all....

PS....can't wait for the report and pics.

sorry...Gladfield Gypsy..yep 24th would have been allright to head to GC but we had a great holiday anyway...can go to gc anytime I guess!!

stevo. wrote:Where did you camp Chicky? Sounds like on the side of the road?

Camped at Bestbrook Mountain Resort...we were gunna do the side of the road cause we weren't goin home!!! :*** :*** :***

Yeah look forward to some pics! :cheers
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby sienna » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Sounds like you had a great time despite the hiccups along the way. And besides, it makes for a more interesting story!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to General Chit-Chat