FINALLY! Heading Off Tommorrow.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

FINALLY! Heading Off Tommorrow.

Postby Ian S » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Well, finally heading off tommorrow for 2, hopefully 3 weeks. We were planning on just driving and ending wherever, but I could'nt help myself. We're heading down through Brissy and onto Warwick for some stuff with my mum. Then we have decided to take a leisurely run down through Uranville to Tooloom Falls. Then onto Mann River near Jackadgery. From there down to Ellenborough Reserve. We will call into Wingham (my old home town) and then make our way down through the back of Nowendock and Rattins hill to Bretti or Gloryvale Reserve at Barrington Tops. Hoping that all, if any, waters have subsided to camp in the areas near Urbanville and Jackadgery.
Spent the day finishing off some little mods to the CT and fitting new brake pads to the front of the Paj. Should be all packed up and ready about midnight for an early depature in the morning. Looking forward to it sooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Hopefully have some good pics when I get back, although I'll find it hard to top some of Stevo's. And GL I might even have some of the CT...lol.

So if I don't get a chance before I leave, take care all and if your on the roads yourself, travel safely

Cheers...Ian
Life can throw nothing at you that beer won't fix
Ian S
Captain Camping

Re: FINALLY! Heading Off Tommorrow.

Postby Titch2 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Have a great and safe trip.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Ian, I have just had a couple days at Jackagery.....no problems with water/flooding there then.

Have you traversed the Old Glen Innes to Grafton Road, if not then I recommend you do it as it is a great adventure. There are a couple of camping spots along the way and the one at Dalmorton was the biggest. We camped east of Dalmorton on the Boyd River on a small reserve which is not marked, we just happened upon it.

Where is Ellenborough Reserve??

I am heading over Tooloom Falls way in the next few days and will check out the Urbenville - Woodonga area too on my way home via the Mt Lindsay Highway.

Have a great trip and a safe return.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Take heaps of photos!! :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Ian S » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks guya, and yes Stevo I will. Although the old Kodak isn't all that crash hot but it does the trick.

GL Ellonborough Reserve is near Ellenborough Falls, sort of south west of Wauchope. You turn of the Wauchope Walcha Rd that runs between the New England and Pt Macquarie. You can also drive the very steep scenic route that runs down through Combine to Wigham. And I do plan to run down the back road, I think its called the Clarence Valley Way.

I'm off yo beddybies now so I look forward to catching up with you guys when I get back...
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 am

Ian S wrote:
GL Ellonborough Reserve is near Ellenborough Falls, sort of south west of Wauchope.

Thanks Ian....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ian S » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am

Hi everyone, still on the road but have some internet access. Staying at my brothers place in Grafton for a couple of days before heading home. The trip has been good, not as we planned but good anyway (we had about 3 days of sunshine ha!ha!). You know the old saying, "the best layed plans of mice and men..."
Talk more soon... cheerio...
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:31 am

Did you get to Tooloom Falls Ian...unfortunately I did not.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Sorry for the late ''Bye-Bye' Ian & family....Hope the weathers kind to you down our way.....
Easy to beat Gypsy's pics,,,,,just don't look at dam flowers....lol

Take care & Enjoyyyyy

:beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Ian S » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:28 pm

GL, no we didn't and probably won't for some time to come as the area is still closed. We never got to Jackadgery either as when we were heading south after we found out Tooloom was closed we headed for the next stop on our list. After arriving in Grafton we were informed of a 300-400mm deluge that would hit so we continued south. Stopped at Urangan over night and proceeded to Wingham (my old home town) and camped at the showgrounds for a week just doing day trips. After the sun bagan to shine we headed up to Coopernook State Forest for a few days. Our plan was to stay in Grafton for the one night and head up to Jackadgery the next morning (today). But it is still very boggy according to NSW Forrestry, and we've just had enough of having webbed feet...lol. So we're staying here and then heading home on Sunday.

Hey Roscoe we have got lots of photos but none of any flowers. I could take some if you like...lol

Cheers guys.
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Sorry for the late ''Bye-Bye' Ian & family....Hope the weathers kind to you down our way.....

:beer

Bit LATE Rosco....Ian is on his way home!!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Ian S wrote:
Hey Roscoe we have got lots of photos but none of any flowers. I could take some if you like...lol

Cheers guys.

Yes...yes...yes Ian, Rosco LOVES flowers and Snakes.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ian S » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:38 pm

You guys crack me up....lol...I can't wait to meet you all in person...

Yes Rosco we are on our way home but thank you anyway. Even though we had rain most of the time i think we still had it better off than most of my fellow qlders, so I won't complain. Got to see my all my old haunts and went 4bying on some pretty good tracks. Although I must admit what now is all national park and state forest was just "bush" back then. It made me a little sad somewhat, as it made me consider where is our freedom going. What was onced open to explore and free to roam has now been restricted to a ballistrated camping ground...how times do change.
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Ian S wrote:how times do change.

And they say....all in the name of progress Ian.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:47 pm

GypsyLady wrote:
Ian S wrote:

Cheers guys.

Yes...yes...yes Ian, Rosco LOVES flowers and Snakes.

Rosco coming out of a closet is he?
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat