Qld Floods Donations

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Qld Floods Donations

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 pm

I have been unable to physically go out and help so chose the alternative of donating money.

I took advantage of the following which I received by email via my Everyday Rewards notices and thus effectively doubled my donation dollars.

I thought some of you may wish to take advantage of the same scheme and here is some more info: http://www.woolworths.com.au/wps/wcm/co ... /001floods

Copy of Email:
Woolworths to match, dollar for dollar, any donation to The Salvation Army Flood Appeal at Woolworths Checkouts.

Like all Australians we are shocked and saddened by the impact of the floods. To help our fellow Australians, Woolworths are supporting The Salvation Army Flood Appeal.

We will match, dollar for dollar, any donation made at Woolworths supermarkets, BIG W or Dick Smith stores to The Salvation Army Flood Appeal until Thursday 20 January.

Simply add a donation to your shopping bill and know that your generosity will be doubled. Donations over $2 will receive a tax receipt at the checkout.

So far $1.5m has already been donated, but there will be no limit to Woolworths’ donation – we will match the generosity of our customers.

The Salvation Army can always be counted on to be there in difficult times and Woolworths are proud to support them. We ask our customers to do the same.

Yours sincerely

Michael Luscombe
Chief Executive Officer
Woolworths Limited
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Qld Floods Donations

Postby Chicky Babe » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:28 pm

thanks Gypsy...that makes a difference. :+ :+
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran