Anyone know about CB radio ORICOM

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Anyone know about CB radio ORICOM

Postby regnshaniah n » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 am

:hello:
we purchased a CB RADIO for traveling and have no idea what the bottom and side buttons are
hope someone can help.

you have the power button then the screen then another but with CTCSS/60RX ?
THEN 7 BUTTONS UNDER
WHICH IS
SET-CALL ?
PSG-MSC ?
BPT-DW ?
RGB=MEM ?
DPX-EMG ?
BCL-PRI ?
DIM-BLT ?
So if anyone can help me out here i would appreciate it very much.
cheers shaniah
regnshaniah n
Camping King

Re: Anyone know about CB radio ORICOM

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Shaniah........google the make & model on google / yahoo......you will find a section with the details you need
(hope you don't mind abit of swearing.....the sets are not regulated in this country ...some of the language is abit choice.......also check with your area...as differnt states seem to listen to different chanels....'''18'''' is supposed to be the campers chanel nation wide but you will get a few variations.

:beer :beer :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby regnshaniah n » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Thankyou heaps rosco will google now .
i was told channel 18 is good we decided to get one so we can communicate with others while on the road so i hope it will do the job.
regnshaniah n
Camping King

Postby Ian S » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi shania, hope this helps.

CTCSS - 60RX - Continuous Tone Coded Sqelch, minimises inteference from other users. There are around 38 codes pending on the make and you can only hear from other uses using the same codes. So say you want to use channel 18, you use this with others travelling with you, set your code and you won't hear from anyone else using channel 18. Its bascically the same as your squelch button, but runs via a code rather than turning a knob.
60RX, there are 60 recieve only channels programmed into the unit. Theses are not transceiving but only receiving, you can listen to them.

SET - CAL - A tone is transmitted as you press in your mic button so others on that channel know that you want to speak, basically a call tone.

BPT - DW - Beep Tone, it emits when pushing the mic.

RGB - MEM - Roger Beep, an emitted tome when you release the mic button after finishing your talk. MEM does a memory scan of frequently used or programmed channels.

DPX - EMG - Duplex button, for using repeater stations, 1 - 8 are received on 31 - 38 by repeater then transpitted again to be received on 1 - 8 again to another unit. helps in mountainous areas or if a further distance is required. Pending on availability and location of repeater. EMG is and insatnt emergency access button, once for channel 5, twice for 35, 3 times to return. Lots of good info here http://www.uhfcb.com.au/

BCL - PRI Busy Channel Lock, stops you accidentally pushing the mic button and transmitting.

DIM - BLT - DIM is your dimmer and BLT changes your back light colour.

Depending on different sets these are a little different, but hope it helps you understand what they are for.

Cheers Ian
Life can throw nothing at you that beer won't fix
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby regnshaniah n » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:47 am

Thankyou very much IAN
i will print this out and keep it in the glove box .
regnshaniah n
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Ch 18 is considered the caravanners/travelers channel but I must say I have seldom found anyone actually using it. Most seem to travel on ch 40.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:08 pm

I have all that stuff and more, but after the initial excitment when getting it, you end up just using the "power on" , "channel" and "push to talk" buttons :***
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to General Chit-Chat