Over 24 hours

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Over 24 hours

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 am

Allan C wrote:plus this site isn't working properly for me with notifications and screen name.

I think that is a very big problem that a lot of members have experienced since the forum upgrade Allan and I wonder just how much of that has contributed to the inactivity......it falls into the too hard basket.

From my perspective the forum has grown very quiet since then and it is a huge shame as we have developed a very nice little group on here over time.

The members here respect each other and there is very little if any nastiness that I see on other forums.

Unfortunately, I can do nothing about the difficulties being experienced on the admin side of things....that is a problem for Andrew (Activity Dept) to sort out and he has had a few issues to deal with in that regard.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:16 am

Allan....Can I ask.....Are you running ''''Fire Fox''''.... ??????
I have been having troubles since the site upgrade......I downloaded Fire Fox ''America'' in the weekend and it seems to be doing the job so far.

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:27 pm

Yes I also run FF but it is only when I updated it a few days ago and that is when it started working properly for me.

Mind you....I doubt FF will help with your screen name or notifications though.....really think that is an admin thing.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Allan C » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi!
No but Ive used it before.
Is there a problem with Exporer?
Allan C
Boy Scout

Postby mytribe » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 pm

GypsyLady wrote:
stevo. wrote: it'd go a week or two before there was a new post.

Are we talking about the same forum?? This has not been the case in my time on here.....yes we have had the odd time when it has been a bit quiet for a few days but this last lot has been going on for months now.

Just look at the number of members who were regulars who no longer visit here....

Yes he's talking about the same forum. I've been a member for 5yrs and this site has always been on the slower side, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with that. Personally I post more on my other forums and only check in here occasionally, there's no hard and fast rule as to how often someone HAS to post or reply to a thread, we each have lives off of the net that we need to live and perhaps some of us don't feel the need to post every little detail about our lives daily. I know I don't.
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat