Gripe

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Gripe

Postby MacLister » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey guys,

Following on from http://camping.com.au/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6019&start=15&sid=5f0cd2b709c0d9db288eee2e5e92410b#p47182, I would like to firstly, gripe about the weather that has stopped me and my family from adding to our ONE camping trip so far with out CT... and then secondly, say sorry for being the cause of the bad weather. I will take the blame for this awful weather of late here in SE QLD, but not the hurricanes. Maybe the floods, but the hurricanes would be pushing it.

The scientest have their reasons for the bad weather, but I have the facts! The cause of the bad weather is: We got a camper trailer! That is it! It's like .. doing washing, then hanging it out to dry. What happens? It rains. Well, because we got a CT ... and since then .. the weather has been poor.. and for this I am extremely sorry!

:cry:
MacLister
Captain Camping

Re: Gripe

Postby stevo. » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:08 pm

SO! It's YOUR Fault! :$

and here i was thinking it was my fault ... phew :+
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Chicky Babe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Ha...it's always your fault Steve :*** :*** even when someone else trys to take the blame..LOL!!!
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Well guys I think you should all toughen up.....what's a bit of rain...I still go camping. I camped in January, February and am planning another camp this month and of course and Easter camp as well.

You see the problem is....the Weather knows you are going to wimp out and not go camping whereas if you look in straight in the eye and say.....Too Bad Mr Bad Weather I am going camping anyhow......you never know you just may enjoy it.

Come on guys....stop griping and just 'do it'.....

Mac.....Get out there and get that new camper WET......
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby MacLister » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm with you on that, GypsyLady!
it's actually not the rain that makes me not want to go (Except, I hear that when it rains, spiders and snakes like to visit tents....)... it's more the humidity and heat. So, that is calming down now, and I think we're close to prime camping weather now... It would be preferable without rain, as the kids would get bored or else very wet... But... I agree... a bit of rain would eb good.

How do you handle packing up while it's raining though (or even if it just stopped). Can you fold up with a wet tent?
MacLister
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:05 pm

You can fold up a wet tent....just make sure you put it up to dry when you get home. The secret is a Tarp over though....much easier to fold it up when wet. With a tarp over you can pack up the tent/CT under it.

With the kids and the rain Mac....I'd let them go out and play in it....really good fun in summer.

If you go to a CP there is always the games room for them as well.

I think I have been lucky....as I said I camp in spite of the rain and so far it has not been a problem.....mind you I do make a point of picking my destinations too.....head West as opposed to East...inland rather than the seaside.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Gordon W » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 am

Rain will never stop me and I tent camp in the bush. Usually solo also. I seem to always get rain on my trips.

A tarp is a must, I would never camp without one.
Gordon W
Boy Scout

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:56 am

WOO THERE McLISTER,,,,,And whats this about the dam spider & snakes ????...I haven't heard that before

not the rain that makes me not want to go (Except, I hear that when it rains, spiders and it's actually snakes like to visit tents...)
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 am

Rosco1 wrote:WOO THERE McLISTER,,,,,And whats this about the dam spider & snakes ????...I haven't heard that before

STOP fretting Rosco....Mac was just having a lend of you...LOL
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby MacLister » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:20 pm

hehe... I've been on ONE camping trip in Australia so far, and have seen ONE brown snake... Not a very good record... but hopefully just an unlucky sighting. :shock:

Can someone explain the 'tarp' thing? What do you do with it and how do you set it up? Cover the tent? Would need a rather large tarp and poles...
MacLister
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Yes Mac....cover the tent....there is much written here about Tarps.....you might want to do a search.

Here is one viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5365&hilit=tarp+over

You might also have a look at the Show us your Campsite thread as well.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat