New Job!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

New Job!

Postby Ian S » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi all, I know I haven't been around much but I have been flat out looking for work. We were looking at a move to Rocky but that didn't eventuate so we're staying here in good ol' Byrnett Heads, And that's ok we like it here.
For the past couple of months I have been trying to get into the mines up north and it has seemed near impossible, so a linehaul job come up and I got it. I went to the interview yesterday and walked out employed. We have been doing it tough for the past couple of months, Sharon gave up her job last year to look after my sick mum. That was pretty much a full time job in itself so I was still looking after the kids. Mum has since gone home and we lost any assistance that was available to us as carers so the last month or so has been extremely tight to say the least.
Well anyway the job is running overnight linehaul for a small company here running to Brissy, Rocky, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns (no not in one night...lol). I'm used to this as I have done it many times before. So I am looking forward to starting Monday night and heading off to Mackay. I've never been north of Prosipine so I'm looking forward to my first Cairns trip this coming weekend.
My ultimate goal though is to try and get into the mines still but I had to take this as the mines could be sometime off, if at all (A man's gotta feed the brood). The funny thing is that when we got home on Frday arvo we got a phone call from a friend whose ex and current partner have been keeping an ear out in the mines for me (they obviously work there). The call was to say that they knew of some trainee positions going and gave me direct details to apply. They also gave me some sneaky imfo to help my chances, so we'll see what happens there.
But in the end it's good to be working again, some much needed work on the Paj and trailer are long overdue.

Anyway cheers guys, and I hope to be around a little more now things are settling a bit.
Take iot easy...Ian
Life can throw nothing at you that beer won't fix
Ian S
Captain Camping

Re: New Job!

Postby Titch2 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Hope its working out Mate.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby stevo. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Good stuff Ian, sounds like some positive things happening for you. Job equals money, equals toys, equals fun :armsup
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Good one Ian...ALWAYS nice to read / hear a good luck story.......pop in for a coffee if you get a run to Golden Circle here in Brisbane......Its normally me on the truck gates,

Cheers :cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Glad to hear you have found some work. Keep you out of mischief!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ian S » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to it vewry much, especially the part about more money = more toys (new D-Max here I come)...lol. I've been playing Mr Mum too long I think, and now I have mummy brain...lol.
Heading off to Mackay tonight, leaving around 10:45pm. It's been a while since I have done night work so I've been staying up real late and getting up early and sleeping through the day over the weekend to try and adjust my body clock some. Hasn't that been a bitch! Everytime I have dozed off today, the phone has rang, some bugger has started their lawnmower etc, etc...lol. The good thing is that it's permanent nights, just departure times vary a little. I should be right in a week, going 2-up for the first week to get an idea of the depots and proceedures. I'm not used to that, I've usually been thrown the keys and paperwork and told see ya later.
Hey Roscoe I applied for a job with DeGunst here running down to Golden Circle, but nothing come of it...
And Sienna it doesn't take much for me to get myself into mischief. And I think it wil work out Titch, they seem a fair mob to work for, trucksafe codes and fatigue management. All is to be kept legal in regards to driving hours, I've done my fair share of stints with shonkies so I stay away from them now.
Anyway back to beddy byes for me....
Life can throw nothing at you that beer won't fix
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:27 pm

You should keep your ear open for any jobs that do come up with DeGunst....They deliver '''12'' million $$$$ a year to us ....just in bulk sugar through my gate.....normally get at least 2 truck & dogs a nite......Bagged sugar goes down to our other gate. ...BIG bucks....just for sugar
We have been getting heaps of trucks delivering pineapples from up your way as well....trying to beat the weather (flooded roads etc)

Hope it goes well.....roads flood easy up your way...so take care

:cheers :cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:41 pm

GREAT news Ian......very pleased to hear you on such a positive note.....Keep up the good work and don't stay away too long.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat