RECCY TO MULLUMBIMBY.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

RECCY TO MULLUMBIMBY.

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Well....so glad i got off my butt and went and checked these places out.In MY opinion i would not go to any of them.
Maccas Camp Ground..
Cross several creeks to get there all close to flooding today, so with more rain you would not get there and some very big pot holes..nearly lost my Getz in a couple of them...Maccas itself..looks like some guy has given his back yard to people to camp in,very untidy,piles of wood timber rubbish laying around,very unkept,grass not mowed, and from what i could see no sites designated and most of the ground uneven i was flat out finding smooth ground for my tent let alone a camp trailer,lots of mud,some very old lived in buses with broken windows with plastic wrap over them, clothes looked like they had been on the line for 6 months.No powered sites if you want power you would have to park right near Kitchen and plug in there.Kitchen was the cleanest part of the whole place and did have a gas stove as well as electric,2 fridges and a tv.
SO I then went to the show grounds,just a show ground basically,showers toilets but not near a river or anything so you just look at the oval.
The camp down at the Leagues club disappointing also,looked like some local permanents there too,unkept buses/vans,one even had his vege patch out the front on styrene boxes, no proper entrance to the river, lots of weeds and long grass along the river bank and where there wasn`t weeds there was mud slides where people had worn it away dragging tinnies in and out.
So I won`t be camping at Mullumbimby any time soon..
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: RECCY TO MULLUMBIMBY.

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Whew....Thanks for that report Poooodle.....looks like its back to the ''google'....

:cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:22 pm

My brother in law suggested here.Bush and beach.

http://wooyungbeach.com.au/
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Glad you went for that reccy PJ.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Tahlee R » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 pm

That's good to know PJ. Just as well you checked it out first.
Tahlee R
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:10 am

Sounds like a bunch of hippies set up in the 70s and never left?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to General Chit-Chat