We're going away!!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

We're going away!!!

Postby Woodsy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:40 pm

We have decided to have a spur of the moment holiday being a 2 week holiday to travel around NSW and maybe venture into QLD or VIC, we wont have a car at that point so we are either looking at hiring a camper van for the whole trip or maybe buying an old van instead. We want to stay somewhere different every night so dont think that it would be practical to pack and unpack a tent everyday.

Van Rental will come in under $1000 but if the van gets damaged etc its $3500 - $6000 in excess, so i'm thinking all the stray roo's that are around it might be cheaper to buy an old van instead, but am undecided.

We want to head either up the east coast then inland and down, then head back towards the coast and back to sydney, or do the opposite and head down the coast then inland and up and back to the east coast and down.

I'm leaning more towards buying a van / wagon / ute rather than hiring as we can sell it when we get back... or knowing me i'll hold onto it lol

Any ideas?
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Re: We're going away!!!

Postby Woodsy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Okay instead of rushing around nsw we have decided to head down the south coast instead and concentrate on the one area as we have never been down the south coast and have been up north quite abit. any tips on the south coast?
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby jones s » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 pm

I am also interested to go south east. That is very good place.
==============
jansan
==========
caravans for sale
jones s

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 am

Hey Woodsy / Jonesy......Isn't the weather pretty 'rough' in that region at this time of the year ????....looks pretty cold on the weather forcast.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''
I've been searching out around the 'Coffs Habour' area for a trip away for us......that also looks nice....plenty of 'Freedom' camping spots....Any-one else done this area ????

Cheers & enjoy your trip
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:41 pm

I found the whole area down the NSW coast as far as Gosford very UN pet friendly and not much in the way of 'free' camping spots unless you moved inland.

Yes a number of roadside rest areas which were often shared with trucks as well and very, very noisy....not nice camping spots at all.

Here is a list of CPs down along the coast from my trip last year.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=5846
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Yeah we are not a fan of pets when camping down here, we have no problem if the dogs are quiet but when they are Barking at everything that moves that drives us insane!!!!

We have been up north alot and would like to go down south this time, We are unsure yet as to if we should hire a van or if we should pack the car up and go in the car instead ( so far the sale of our car has fallen through twice ) and tent it, i think either way we are going to be bloody cold!

After 5 or so days down south we were going to head home for a day then go up north as far as byron.

I would love to go down south as i have never seen snow!
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Sorry Josh my post was really directed at Rosco in regard to the pets part.

The second part about the lack of free camping along the coastal strip was directed generally. The CPs I listed were still good parks with or without pets.

If you are considering seeing the 'snow' then all the info I have supplied re the coast is irrelevant.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 pm

argh!! we cant decide what to do!!
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Woodsy wrote:argh!! we cant decide what to do!!

Toss a coin.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Okay we are going to camp it, we even went out today and bought a new tent and also an inflatable mattress that is up off the ground on a stand. not sure yet wether we are just going to camp in the one spot or if we might visit afew different places.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Whatever you decide Josh, please keep us posted.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Brad S » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Mate check out a place called dunns swamp near Rylstone/Mudgee in central west nsw. Sounds dodgy being called a "swamp" but I was there a month ago and it was awesome. Great camping right on the waters edge, fire wood supplied. Great for maybe two nights max. Awesome rock formations and great views from various lookouts. Just be prepared, it's bloody cold!!!!!
Brad S

Postby Woodsy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:12 pm

Time to put up the new tent!
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:15 pm

Woodsy wrote:Time to put up the new tent!

Where???
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm

back yard, want to make sure its all there. Saved ourselves $70 on the blow up mattress too, we bought ours from BCF for $199, then rays outdoors had it on special for $129 and bcf said they would match it ( although they didnt want to ) BCF and rays outdoors are all owned by Supercheap auto anyway.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat