Stolen Camper Trailers

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Stolen Camper Trailers

Postby guy f » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:20 am

Hi all thanks for looking and keeping an eye out. I've been busy as the first week after I was looking everywhere locally, looking at CCTV in stores along the main escape routes and checking in with the police.
Once your trailer is gone though it appears that it can be rebirthed fairly easily if you have another old trailer!
So as was mentioned in the previous post the two pictures shown, one is from the Blue Tongue catalogue which shows the CT with the spare wheel, the other shows my CT without the spare tire. Yes the wheels are distinctive and I realise that more as I have only seen them on Blue Tongue CT's!

Right now I would say that if any of you do see something similar on the road or in a camp site please contact me either through here or the FB or Twitter sites. If you can get a clear picture of the side profiles and rear of the CT, obviously including the rego plate (mine was W16688), I may be able to id some characteristics of my CT that will not be on any other. The differences with other CT's mainly are the checker plate, rails, side boards etc.
Happy hunting ;-)
guy f

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:09 pm

So no positive news Guy.....disappointing.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby guy f » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:15 pm

It's all negative actually! Apparently someone else on the same stretch of road had loaded up their Camper Trailer Saturday night, 2nd october for a sunday morning trip on holiday and sunday morning the whole lot was gone and the windows of the car smashed in! Hmm think there's a trend here?

I'm recommending all manner of security measures for owners of these Camper Trailers or any trailer actually! Even tie a Rottweiler to it, starve the animal so that any crim tries to make friends with the dog will end up dinner!
guy f

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:05 am

Such a shame you haven't had a positive result....

Apparently it's been happening alot & also in the Newcastle area too..... I have also read on another forum I am a member of that re-birthing CT's is quite easy too which makes them even more desirable for the horrid little scum of our society that feels they need to nick other people's stuff that they worked really hard for. :twisted:

Even with all the security in place I would still recommend insurance even though it can be a pain, in the end you can buy another with the payout if this ever happens.

Still hoping for a positive outcome for you. Have you posted on Myswag.org & campertrailers.org as they have a stolen section!!!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby guy f » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:05 am

Hi all,
OK I've posted also on Myswag and CamperTrailers.org! It's very possible now from what I've seen there and heard from other Camper Trailer community members that there appears to be some sort of organised group or person knocking off CT's irregularly. In Sydney one CT owner disturbed some crim who was in the process of stealing his CT. It was a black 4WD again and at 4am in the Seven Hills area.

If you go to campertrailer.org and MySwag and read the posts there may be some good ideas for CT owners to secure their trailers more securely than they are now.

Take my word and experience for it, don't just trust a padlock and chain to a tree! Be creative and put massive amounts of time consuming items in inconvenient places, even take the wheels off and put it on steel boxes!
guy f

Postby xmasbaby67 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:16 am

Out of sight also is a good idea Guy and like I said before Insurance, that way if the unthinkable happens you will be able to buy a replacement.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Woodsy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 am

I believe this is the story you are talking about guy f, he is a member of a car forum i am on.

"HI YA GUYS
my camp trailer has just been stolen for my house some where between 12 midnight and when i got up at 9 am
there was a redish what looked like nissan pathfinder next door to my house when i got home from work at midnight.
it had a crock starter of flywheel as it started and drove off as i got out of my car.
my camp trailer is a home made 6x4 black with a 9 foot tent on it with a cream cover over the tent here is a link to my build on here for it
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=103809&p=1491912#p1491912
it was packed ready to head bush so just about every camping thing i own was in it
here is a list of stuff if anyone here of any camp gear in or around penrith
2disney princcess camp beds
1toy story camp bed
1 cube gas hot water system brand new
i camp kitchen
i camp cupboard
1 pop up shower tent
2 recliner chairs
1 old primus 2 burner stove
1 fire blanket
1 fire extinguisher
2 blue car stands
big fold in half white table
camp oven
list just goes on and on
help out there in this great 4x4 group would be great
my number is 0424353328 "
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Wonder what the outcome is with this one.....anyone know??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat