A Surprise for Me

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

A Surprise for Me

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Have a few of these boring looking grey coloured birds here......however what a surprise I got when I managed to get a pic of one bathing him or herself under the hose.

The guy next door to me says that they are some sort of Dove and when I looked it up I think it is maybe the Australian Peaceful Dove.....although I can find no reference to the pink colour under the wings.

If anyone knows for sure, please let us all know.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: A Surprise for Me

Postby Chicky Babe » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:12 pm

just gorgeous !!!...sorry I don't know :(
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby sienna » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Very pretty.
I watched some little birds similar to that in colour nest and hatch outside my lounge room window last year. They were grey with a slight hue of pink in colour. Not sure what colour was under their wings. ONe day they disappeared and I thought the local roaming cat got them but no, they're alive and well. I often see them around the yard.

Hope you can find out what they are. They do look like little doves though.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks sienna.....they will be Australian Peaceful Doves to me until someone tells me otherwise...LOL

Hear a lot of birds here but don't actually see very many. These little birds are the only ones I have seen on a regular basis.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Should challenge one to a race Gypsy......lol...I heard that they are quite swift
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat