I Need Help

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

I Need Help

Postby boatie1010 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Can anyone help me out with some ideas for our kids football club camping trip. We are away for 2 nights and we are trying to do a list of food/drinks for 30 Adults and 30 Kids (teenager boys) and me plenty of Alcohol to get through it all.
I have some ideas but if there was anyone out there with some great suggestions for meals that would be great.
We have to supply everything from breakfast to dinner including snacks and drinks. The only thing is we cannot have a fire so cooking something on a pit is out.
PLEASE HELP ME
boatie1010
Camping King

Re: I Need Help

Postby Titch2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:43 pm

I assume you have acess to a stovetop or BBQ etc ?
Pancake breakfast with shredded Ham and cheese.Always a Winner.
Scotch. :beer
Diced Eggs fried with diced bacon and onion in Bread.
Big bowl of Baked beans (you can buy bulk tins )you can add shredded fried bacon, little boys etc,
Do a budget roast beef and gravey in rolls.
Scotch, :beer
Where are you and when is it happening?
Do you have acess to ovens etc?
Now have another scotch
Cheers.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:49 am

Whose looking after the 30 kids when the thirty adults are :beer
I`d go Basics for breaky,cereals,porridge,fruit forget toast unless you are at a powered site/camp kitchen with half a dozen toasters
Sambos for lunch,take cooked chooks,cold meats,cheese,tomatoes lettuce,or throw in sausages on bread.
Dinner go for big pots of things like spag Bol, meat balls, you could even do your bacon and eggs for dinner..home made hamburgers,cook the rissoles and they throw the rest on a bun.a pot of sausages in gravy or curried sausages. a stew of some sort.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 am

Good desert recipe here. 8)

You'll need the following: A cup of water, a cup of sugar, four large brown eggs, two cups of dried fruit, a teaspoon of salt, a cup of brown sugar, lemon juice, nuts, and a bottle of whiskey.
Sample the whiskey to check for quality.
Take a large bowl.
Check the whiskey again. To be sure it's the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.
Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again.
Make sure the whiskey is still okay. try another cup.
Turn off the mixer.
Beat two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
Mix on the tuner.
If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity.
Next, sift two cups of saltm or something. Who cares?
Check the whiskey.
Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.
Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner.
Throw the bowl out of the window.
Check the whiskey.
Check the oven and wishkey every 5 doneness for minutes. :lol:
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:11 am

30 kids & 30 adults.... ::() That's one big crowd to feed....

What do you have to do all the cooking on????

Make a couple of big pots of casseroles and have with a big pot of rice and serve with bread rolls, spag bol which you can cook before you go with the pasta stirred in already and just heat up, pancake breakfasts made from the shakers, cereals, heaps of fruit for snacks like a big watermelon you can cut up and hand out, fruit and pour custard is always a hit with our kids for dessert, buy some commercial snacks like muesli bars etc to save some prep work, chips, dips, chocolate biscuits with hot chocolate for dessert another night, anything you can cook ahead of time and just heat up when you are there will save you heaps of time and give you more time to :beer :beer :beer

OR

you could do a Bear Gryllis style and have them go forrage for their own food while you make Titch's recipe.... :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :*** :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:15 am

Also for drinks for the kids take a heap of bottled water or better still get the kids to take their own drink bottles (save on the kids only drinking half a bottle and chucking it out) and try and get some of those really big drink dispensers so they can fill their own and just make up some cordial in it. Our local maccas store lends out their really big drink coolers for some sporting events here so you try that????

They look like this:

xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 am

Some GREAT suggestions here boatie.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby boatie1010 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks guys for all your help. You all have some great ideas. The cake sounds really interesting.
Once again THANKS :+
boatie1010
Camping King

Postby Titch2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

boatie1010 wrote:Thanks guys for all your help. You all have some great ideas. The cake sounds really interesting.
Once again THANKS :+

One more.
Esky corn.
Get a big good brand cooler,
Half Fill with fresh corn,top cooler up with Very hot water.come back 2and a half hours later.or much longer,
Sweetest corn ever, also keeps the group Regular :lol:
Serious reply.
Cheers.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to General Chit-Chat