The auto ???

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

The auto ???

Postby Lockyer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:19 am

Will the auto sign in ever work ??? as I'm sure it will put members off, I know it gets under my skin as I have a long email address.....

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Re: The auto ???

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 pm

All I can say on this one Lockyer......I BLOODY HOPE THAT ''UP-STAIRS'' IS READING YOUR QUESTION....and of coarse.....furnish you with a reply.....

DAM SORE POINT HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be fixed.............
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:20 pm

It used to work once upon a time.........long, long time ago.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Thats quite correct ole girl.......Which is why it could & should be re-instated......must be shooing off heaps of past / present members........I know there are days that I can't be bothered going through the ''process'' of getting on=board ......so,,,,,,,I DON'T. :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Rosco1 wrote:I know there are days that I can't be bothered going through the ''process'' of getting on=board ......so,,,,,,,I DON'T.

I shouldn't say this Rosco....but me too and then there are the times when you are logged in and it boots you out and you have to login again......that peeves me no end.

I did have one of our members contact me and ask for the 'new' web address which I gave to her but I see she has not been back on either. Shame.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lockyer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 am

I too have not logged in because of it, I read your responses last night but couldn't be bother to log-in to reply until this morning, after my coffee 8)

Cheers
Lawrence
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Woodsy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm

its going downhill... and needs updating, you cant have camping.com.au at the top and have the web address as caravan-parks.org, it doesnt work like that.

The forum needs to be changed to a normal forum, drop the fancy theme and go for a normal forum layout, that KEEPS YOU LOGGED IN, change the web address to camping.com.au as the top says and ditch the home page, make the forum the home page. Look at how other websites are setup and copy it, there is no shame in doing that, if its a proven formula i'd be doing it but the current formula is not working.

I was telling people about the forum at work, and afew of them had heard of it but it was to complicated for them or to quiet to keep using it. I'm not going to promote a forum that is not working, CAMPING.COM.AU is a big forum name, look at all the stores that sell camping gear and all the people who go camping, and how many of them use this forum? Under 1%. If nothing changes another forum will take its place and then its all stuffed.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Lockyer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 am

Well seeing as I now have time on my hands, I did some digging and things don't look good, but all is not lost :!:

The forum links back into a business on the Gold Coast that now has little to do with camping but more to do with sporting wear :) The owner/administrator has not been near the site since Nov 2011 and their last post is along the lines of scaping this forum and going back to how it use to be :-bang

I think the forum is tied to - or was tied to a business that deal with camping goods or products but has now evolved into a different line of goods.
The control of the forum needs updating asap and needs to be shared with someone with the knowledge of how to do it ( not me I have no idea how). I think if there is a member who believe's they can update and run this forum they need to contact the administrator ie member - Activity-Dept and offer to do so.

Trying to using a forum as a money making exerise via ecommence doesn't seem to work but having a forum with a large active membership become's valuable if moderated correctly for a business wishing to gain access to those members ie a tent manufacture wishing to promote there product, not via a link to there business but by posting on the forum and to be allowed to post on the forum, a monthly/quarterly/yearly fee can be charged.

Some large forum's now charge members a min fee to be able to entry area's of there forum or to be able to read area's of a forum but you need the membership numbers first.

If nothing is done soon there won't be any members left, I check the mod list and only 2 active members, the rest haven't around for months and months and some for over a year !!

Cheers
Lawrence
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Doubt the mods list is up to date either.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I agree with all of the above,considering a member got banned for supposedly encouraging people to go to other sites i have been doing this you come here and it is dead the same 3/4 people comment and that`s it you go to other sites and you have so much to read you are there for an hour,this site is dead still some good info here when you want it but it is not moving forward as a camping group,this is the first time i have clicked on i think in 2/3 weeks.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby John G » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:52 am

I read it alot, but comments require a log in.. and since the stay logged in cookie seems to be broken, I just usually say something in my head and move on..
John G
Camping King

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Very sad to see so many members that have been with this forum leaving due to the auto login.......

Feeling very melancholy today :cry:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Very sad......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lockyer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:12 pm

STOP it......you've got me balling my eye's out... :cry:

but on a brighter note it got me off my a*re to log in again.... :grin:

cheers
Lawrence
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Poor old Lockyer...Can some-one send him around a box of hankies.....lol :(

Is any-one else having the problem of ...signing in...writing your ******then posting only to be told that ''you cannot post''.....Dammm....You lose all the stuff you write as well.....grump....
I check that I am still signed in....yep,,,says I am....So...I repeat the process and....Wholla....IT GOES THROUGH.

So frustrating especially when it is a big post that you were trying to send.

Cheers
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat