My new toy!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

My new toy!!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:29 pm

:armsup

Can you guess what it is without scrolling down?? :lol:

:mrgreen:

Dirt, be afraid, be very afraid :armsup

So far have only done one job with it, and what would usually take about 3-4 hrs took about 45mins 8)
I was going to get a repco cheapy honda copy one, but then this came along at wholesale price, and for once in my life I ponied up the dough for quality :mrgreen: ... It better pay off :***
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:41 pm

I thought you finally got rind of that F70 and got a REAL toy!

Oddly enough I'm after something similar from when I come backl from my beach trips ... need to blast the salt away.

Have fun Oz!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby 4800Patrol » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:20 am

Scolers wrote:Oddly enough I'm after something similar from when I come backl from my beach trips ... need to blast the salt away.

The best thing that I have used is a standard oscilating sprinkler bolted to a peice of wood to stop it from falling over.
Just place it under your car and move it once or twice to get it all, also works on the mud.

You can have a :beer :beer whilst it does the work.
4800Patrol
Boy Scout

Postby Kramer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:27 am

same way I do it 4800 Patrol, I also get under there after a few hours of soaking to really give it a good blast and make sure.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:55 pm

4800Patrol wrote:
Scolers wrote:Oddly enough I'm after something similar from when I come backl from my beach trips ... need to blast the salt away.

The best thing that I have used is a standard oscilating sprinkler bolted to a peice of wood to stop it from falling over.
Just place it under your car and move it once or twice to get it all, also works on the mud.

You can have a :beer :beer whilst it does the work.

Kramer wrote:same way I do it 4800 Patrol, I also get under there after a few hours of soaking to really give it a good blast and make sure.

Not too good down here with the water restrictions :cry:

I haven't been able to legally wash my car since I bought it :roll:
So I gotta go pester my friends who have recylcled water and muddy up their driveways :armsup
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby 4800Patrol » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:00 am

Water restrictions are a thing that we have to get used too - they will be there for some time yet.

I have just installed a 9000 litre rain tank for washing the cars and boat - it works like a gem
4800Patrol
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:20 pm

Oz,

What pressure does it run at and may we be so rude to ask of the price?

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:37 pm

Scolers wrote:Oz,

What pressure does it run at and may we be so rude to ask of the price?

8)

Scol.

2500psi (I think, or maybe 2700, one of the two), 9.5L/min, and just a tad under $1200

I'm thinking of getting a 44gal drum and putting it on a few bricks. 160 odd litres will last nearly 20 mins, just enough to do my car if I hurry... and then technically i'm using a bucket.. just a bloody big one :lol:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:26 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
2500psi (I think, or maybe 2700, one of the two), 9.5L/min, and just a tad under $1200

:lol:

:o

Bit pricey for me ... might jsut stick with the 1450psi one for $120. Then again, might just take it to an auto wash for $2 a hit!

Damn consumerist society!

:booty

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:55 pm

Scolers wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:

:lol:

:o

Bit pricey for me ... might jsut stick with the 1450psi one for $120. Then again, might just take it to an auto wash for $2 a hit!

Damn consumerist society!

:booty

Scol.

Yeah it aint the kinda toy you buy for just washing the car :mrgreen: I use it for work ;) Gutters, drive-ways and paving 8) . Just a bonus that I get to clean my muddy car with it :armsup

Repco have a cheap (about $700 IIRC) copy of these that I was going to buy, looks the same and has the same specs, with some no-name pump and chinese honda copy motor. But this came along at a good price.
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby 4800Patrol » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:02 pm

Ring your local council and ask for another recycle or green bin - they will deliver it to your door for no charge.

Drill a hole in it and insert a garden hose fitting in the hole, presto, you have a water container that you can wheel around.

Most pressure washers do not need to have a head off water to operate, they only need to be primbed and no air in the line to operate.
4800Patrol
Boy Scout

wheelie bin

Postby gqpatrol » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:26 pm

You must have a generous council or pay huge rates. No free wheelie bins here!
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Re: wheelie bin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:34 pm

gqpatrol wrote:You must have a generous council or pay huge rates. No free wheelie bins here!

x2 :?

Them drums are only $10 around here anyway and I sometimes see them on the side of the road come council pick-up time.
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: wheelie bin

Postby 4800Patrol » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:03 pm

gqpatrol wrote:You must have a generous council or pay huge rates. No free wheelie bins here!

Ring them and just ask?

Most councils do it!
4800Patrol
Boy Scout

Postby HGMonaro » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:07 am

ours are about $90 a year, but I'm not sure that includes drilling holes in it :) Good idea though!
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Return to General Chit-Chat