Hi everyone from Melbourne

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi everyone from Melbourne

Postby Keeks » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Should've introduced myself before I jumped in with my first question! Glad this site is available, it helps beginners a hell of a lot!!!

I am Keeks and hubby and I are taking our 3 boys (13, 7, 4) on our first camping trip Easter Monday. I am not a roughing it kinda gal and the only reason I have agreed to camping is because ensuite suites exist! lol So to ease me into camping he has decided to humour me and go along with my demands. How can I not love him :grin:
It's a huge outlay to begin with but i figure it is worth it. We usually holiday annually in Queensland in a resort style place but it's getting harder to fund each year as priorities change and money could be spent elsewhere. So after checking out my sisters and BIL's set up who do forshore camping, I thought yeah I could if only I had my own ensuite and a patch of grass!
Well what a surprise I had when I went surfing the net and not only did i find grass but ensuites too! :grin: That then set the wheels in motion and we started to hoard stuff just at the right time with sales. Last weekend we went to the camping show too. Information overload!
But boy did we drool over all the trailers and the RV! Trailer would be the next step up for us if we get hooked.

I hope our first camping trip will be the first of many to come!

Keeks
Keeks
Camping King

Postby JM1375 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Keeks,

Welcome - I'm brand new here too, and heading off for my first trip in three weeks time. (Yes, to a park with facilities also.... :lol: )

I hope you enjoy your Easter trip - let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Jodie
JM1375
Captain Camping

Postby Keeks » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:00 pm

JM1375 wrote:Hi Keeks,

Welcome - I'm brand new here too, and heading off for my first trip in three weeks time. (Yes, to a park with facilities also.... :lol: )

I hope you enjoy your Easter trip - let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Jodie

Hi Jodie,

To ease on in to camping for ones that can't rough it I think it's perfect. Too use to 5 star accom :) I like the fact I can have a Queensland style holiday with the resort style pool in some camp sites without the price tag. It's also more so keeping the kids entertained and happy with the various activities which makes for happy parents!

Will report back on how we went.

Keeks
Keeks
Camping King

Postby Komodo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:01 pm

Welcome!

Hope you get hooked!

Camping is great fun. Its different to 5 star luxury resorts so dont go expecting it to be like that and you'll have an awesome time.

Dont get me wrong I love going to resorts and living it up (but I wouldnt go to a resort in QLD - why would you when for basically the same money you can go to Bali and live it up!) But I LOVE camping hitting the bush and spending some relaxing quality time with my GF. I find I come back from camping far more relaxed and refreshed than going to a resort because im not go go go all the time I'm in bed by 10 most of the time and theres no set "intinary" to meet.

Any way enough of my rambles

Enjoy it - Your boys will LOVE it.

Let them explore and enjoy the bush.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mytribe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Welcome Keek's, we're in Melb as well with 4 girls 21,17,8 and 3 and 2 boys 14 and 5.

We do bush camping though, it's cheaper in the long run, which is better for our budget. :grin:
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Keeks » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:16 pm

Komodo wrote:Welcome!

Hope you get hooked!

Camping is great fun. Its different to 5 star luxury resorts so dont go expecting it to be like that and you'll have an awesome time.

Dont get me wrong I love going to resorts and living it up (but I wouldnt go to a resort in QLD - why would you when for basically the same money you can go to Bali and live it up!) But I LOVE camping hitting the bush and spending some relaxing quality time with my GF. I find I come back from camping far more relaxed and refreshed than going to a resort because im not go go go all the time I'm in bed by 10 most of the time and theres no set "intinary" to meet.

Any way enough of my rambles

Enjoy it - Your boys will LOVE it.

Let them explore and enjoy the bush.

I think the only thing I will find hard is the sleeping in a tent, the idea of it. I have fears for the kids safety. I think thats why I prefer a little bit more of a structured place with some fencing. I don't see myself doing forshore camping until the youngest is a little older. Not that it guanrantees me anything ... but in my mind I feel a little more in control. I have a comfortable bed, bathroom and toilet to ourselves (one thing I can't get around yet) use of a pool, and made sure the kitchen set up I have I can worth with 5 star enough for me. lol :) Queensland trips although relaxing for us were getting a bit predictable every year. Bali would be nice but I have always thought it too expensive for 5 of us and dreaded the flight with 3 kids. When they are older thats a different story. Bali and Fiji are on the agenda :)

Boys will love it I know... the main reason we are doing this is to give them so great memories. :) At the least so funny ones :)

Keeks
Keeks
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:07 pm

Stay away from camping shows! We don't go anymore 'cause we spend heaps on stuff we don't really need. But it is fun looking ... :shock:

Welcome to the forums ... hope you get something out of it.

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Re: Hi everyone from Melbourne

Postby CCC » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:00 pm

Keeks wrote: I am not a roughing it kinda gal and the only reason I have agreed to camping is because ensuite suites exist! ........
Well what a surprise I had when I went surfing the net and not only did i find grass but ensuites too! :grin: Keeks

I like the sound of these private ensuites 8)

Hi and Welcome Keeks :grin:
Last edited by CCC on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Fonty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:32 pm

Welcome Keeks. :) I'm in Melbourne too, a single dad with 3 girls, 3, 12 and 14. And one boy 4 years old who is the one that lives with me. I camp mainly with the boy but my eldest daughter came along to the last one and is interested in coming again. We just camp out in the tent. Not many dingoes to worry about down here in Victoria so it's not that scary a place to camp out. 8)

Hope you enjoy your new adventure. Have a ball. :armsup
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:05 pm

Welcome aboard - little steps are the way to go. No good going away and hating it. I think you will enjoy the atmoshpere of a caravan park as they tend to be more relaxed than a resort and the kids get to run around more. :)
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby reef » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:50 am

Welcome, we have 3 littlies G6, G4 & B2 and have gotten back into camping cause holidays are so so expensive especially when you have more than 4 people in your family. We have caravan parked it but now we are itchy to bush it with the kids like we used to when it was just us !
Beach, Surf, Family and Fun - pure bliss
reef
Captain Camping

Postby Keeks » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!
I am so glad this site exists and with such helpful people who are willing to share. Some great info on some of the other threads just need more time to read!

Ange
Keeks
Camping King

Postby HGMonaro » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:48 pm

hi Ange. Do come back and report on your maiden trip... even if it's to say you've sold the tent and bought a timeshare on the GoldCoast! lol!

Cheers, Nige
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby clackerz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 pm

I hope the experience is a good one...
I think starting out a caravan parks will give you a really good taste.
clackerz
Captain Camping

Postby Family Campers » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:18 pm

How was your trip? I hope it was a good experience for you all??

We are in Vic too. Where did you go and would you recommend it?
Family Campers
Camping King

Next

Return to Introductions: