Hi

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby freerocketman1 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:59 pm

welcome katthing its great to see another queenslander on here. :armsup
if hubby doesnt want to get the 4by dirty get him to go over to straddie,when he sees all the 4bys on the beach launching thier boats he will change his mind. not only that you can get to all the better camp spots if he puts it 4wd. :***
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby katthing » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:10 pm

Can I ask, hopefully without offending you Kate, but why buy a 4X4 if you have no intention of using it for the purposes they are made for, which is 4wding in the bush, or even getting it dirty for that matter.

That is ok, I have thicker skin. We do want to do 4 x 4 driving - just not the extreme stuff, the type of stuff my brothers send video's and photo's of - you know where they crunch and damage panels! lol Gentle goes it with us. I will never forget the hill my brother took us up over in Perth - going up was fine, coming down I swear I wet myself!!!!!!!

When I say he won't want to get it dirty, well if he has to then yes he will get it dirty but I can bet you $100 that as soon as we get back home it will be cleaned top to bottom, inside and out! I kid you not, he spent 4 hours detailing the X-Trail and it wasn't even dirty really! He likes to look after his stuff, we believe in not trashing anything then hopefully we will get years of good service! - better hurry up and get a rainwater tank, then again you need rain to fill it!

OOOOhhhhhhh the beaches are calling our name! Just have to go the the wall of shame to jolt us into reality so we don't get stuck with tides etc! Where is that again? somewhere near Rainbow Beach?????

IFS = Independent front suspension, also known as "Invented For Shopping"
lol I am not a shopping sort of person (well take me to an outdoor shop and I am happy, oh and Spotlight!) but I will be 'one of those mums' at school drop offs! Although I don't park where the kids come out and park away from the school; also we are also getting reverse sensors put in - and that has NOTHING to do with the fact a pole jumped out from behind with our X-Trail and the fence jumped out from behind in our older car :oops: Honestly it is the only time I have put a dint or mark on our cars (or others!).........
wife to one, mum to two
katthing
Camping King

Postby katthing » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:24 pm

hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hubby just asked if we should get a snorkle on the car! and I asked if we are going in water in it and he said " too right I am going to bush bash the thing"
Lucky I wasn't drinking as I think I would have sprayed him with tea! ROFLMAO :*** suuuuuure thing mate, I have to see it to believe it!
wife to one, mum to two
katthing
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:32 pm

Hope you have plastic car mats ... ;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 pm

katthing wrote:...a pole jumped out from behind with our X-Trail and the fence jumped out from behind in our older car :oops: Honestly it is the only time I have put a dint or mark on our cars (or others!).........

Thats ok, I had a WHOLE TREE jump in front of me ::()

katthing wrote:hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hubby just asked if we should get a snorkle on the car! and I asked if we are going in water in it and he said " too right I am going to bush bash the thing"
Lucky I wasn't drinking as I think I would have sprayed him with tea! ROFLMAO :*** suuuuuure thing mate, I have to see it to believe it!

Get a snorkel anyway, It will slightly improve performance and mileage since your cars drawing in nice cool air from outside, not hot engine bay air.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Introductions: