G'day from Redlands Qld.

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby CCC » Thu May 03, 2007 12:54 pm

welcome to the site Troy :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Thu May 03, 2007 7:06 pm

I recently bought a TV tuner (a bit bigger than a cig packet) which can connect straight to the tv. It cost $69 at Big W. Brand was AWA and also come with a remote and a small anntena. Its digital so you will need a reasonable anntenna, and of course you will need digital tv reception, which is starting to get bit more extensive.

The only problem is that there is a few more cables and another thing to power if there is no electricity. Runs on 12v. It can also gets a bit warm.

A more all in one would be best.

The best thing about the DVD player is that it can help bring the kids from that excited stated to calm with the 79th showing of Toy Story, so they get off to sleep better.
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby CCC » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 pm

Troyk wrote:..... PS Alma, nothing gets past you! :armsup

by the way Troy ::()

:cheers ;)
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:15 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TROY....

Dont you hate having your Birthday soooo close to Christmas?
Mine was on the 21st Dec and it is so hard to have a party because everyone has Christmas parties etc on. Im having my birthday at the end of Feb now, that way everyone can come and party with me.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Cheers
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:31 pm

My sisters Birthday is xmas day..adding to glow stick discussion,believe it or not i put them on the dogs at night, :lol: i have been told if you put them in the freezer they reglow but so far no luck with that one.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:13 am

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:Dont you hate having your Birthday soooo close to Christmas?

Thanks for the song, I think. :grin:

Sort of got use to having my birthday between Xmas and New Year. Not big on making a big deal about it, so doesn't worry me.

Had to have a cake with candles so my daughter could blow them out, :-bang
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:27 pm

Troyk wrote:Jodie,

You will probably find your son will take to it fairly easily, though you might want to introduce him to some of the gear such as sleeping bags before you go.

If you find your son is not very comfortable with the idea of his sleeping arrangements whilst camping with a sleeping bag etc break him in at home Jodie.

You can start by having a slumber party in sleeping bags on the lounge room floor and then venture to the tent set up in the back yard in which you can both sleep.

I personally would stay away from DVD players and try to encourage your son to play board games, colour in, look for 'wild' animals and explore in general. I would also look at ball games in which other children can be invited to play also.

I would also be encouraging him to 'help' you set up camp and pack up as well. Give him his own little tasks to complete. Encourage him to make his own bed every morning when he gets up, wipe up the dishes for you (well some dishes).

Make the camping trip about 'our' experiences.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Introductions: