G'day from WA

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

G'day from WA

Postby Bearded shark » Wed May 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Heya all. I am a 27y/o mechanic/ceiling fixer and was brought up in the camping scene. Now married with 1.5 kids (3y/o son) and 1 on the way, I fully intend on passing on bush values.

I inherited the family camper trailer, a late 80's unit called a 'wanderer' (unsure of manufacturer, but would love to know). It is a split level, with canvas flip over that sleeps 4. I have stripped it and rebuilt it and in the process, added nearly everything that opens and shuts, and turned it into an off roader. I did it all myself and project is ongoing. We have 2 4x4's, a very modified '94 dsl cruiser ute, and a '98 4.2L dsl patrol GU wgn (yet to be modded).

My hobbies are my son, motocross, jet skis, 4x4, and the obvious... camping. If I go inland I nearly always take the bike, and when the wife has her way, ie we go to the coast, it's the jet ski. Yes, I love motorsports.

I also love talking to people of all ages with similar interests and back grounds. I enjoy talking to the oldies too. Hearing stories and experiences, one can learn a lot and there's always a laugh.

We live in perth and go away every xmas for a week or 2. We r friendly, non smokers, social drinkers, gd soh, clean spoken, disciplined with gd morals. If you are the same, and live in or near perth and own a bike or ski and are up for an adventure, post a reply.
Bearded shark
Camping King

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu May 17, 2007 1:00 am

Hey Bearded shark,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find a few around that share your values and interests. Good clean family fun that’s what camping is all about. Bringing it back to the basics if you will excuse the cliché. But feel free to give us your comments, feedback and a few park/trip pics here and there are always welcome.

Welcome and Enjoy :beer
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Thu May 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Good to see another West Aussie although I'm off to Hrvey Bay soon (I hope!).

Enjoy!!!

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Troyk » Thu May 17, 2007 7:50 pm

Welcome Mr Shark.

:hello:

I really should have come up with a cool name rather than using my real one! :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu May 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Welcome. You certainly seem to have the big boys tpys covered :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby CCC » Fri May 18, 2007 1:14 pm

Welcome to the site Bearded shark :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby clackerz » Mon May 21, 2007 11:06 am

Welcome - I can see that u luv your toys and great outdoors!
There's water at the bottom of the ocean!
clackerz
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: