Just want to introduce myself ;)

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Just want to introduce myself ;)

Postby SOE digital » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:40 pm

Heya folks, my name is Elliot Press and I'm an avid camper, adventurer, climber, photographer person :-bang
I came across this website only today so I thought I ought to sign up.

I'm 20 years old and I've been spending the last year or so doing expeditions out to the Pilbara region, taking photographs for calanders and doing LOTS of film work for Antropologists and mining companies, doing surveys etc. I've got lots and lots of shots of my trips out bush but none of which I've had scanned (I'm a big fan of 35mm film over Digital SLRs) yet so I can't post them here.

Late last year I spent several weeks out camping with the elders of the Punmu and Jigalong aboriginal communities (Martu people), learning how to track game and kill and prepare food such as goannas, snakes, roos etc...and I got paid for it. Jelous? :booty

Anyhoo, it's been a while since I've been out bush and I've got the camping bug again so looks like I'll be heading into the outback soon. God willing.

Before I forget, I've actually got one photograph online:
Nothing like freshly caught/killed food. Yum. Excuse the tan lines...first time I'd gone topless out there in many days :lol:

Looking forwards to chatting with ya'll. :grin:
SOE digital
Boy Scout

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:19 pm

Hey Elliott, welcome to the forum, sounds like you know your stuff (trained by the best it sounds like). The forums a little slow at the moment I think everyone’s hibernating or something we need a bit of fresh blood to jazz things up a little. Would love to see some of the photos if you get them online. Maybe you would be interested in doing a photo gallery with the camping website, I'm sure they would be happy to set a gallery up for you, maybe it would give you more exposure for your work.

Anyway let me know if it interests you, cheers and welcome to the jungle... :beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby SOE digital » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Sounds good mate. I've been meaning to get the negs scanned. Tis expensive though ;)
SOE digital
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:41 pm

Welcome Elliot. Look forward to hearing about your experiences. :)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby shermo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 pm

G'Day mate and welcome look forward to hearing some of your tips and stuff.

Shermo
shermo
Camping King

Postby geekcampgirl » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:25 am

I'm a bit late looking in on this, but thought my tuppence may be worthwhile.

I've been meaning to get the negs scanned. Tis expensive though

You can buy 'home' scanners for a reasonable price (sub $500) that will also scan negatives and slides. Like most folk on my side of 40, my life is recorded on film and a couple of very important years on slides and want to 'digitise' them.

The results are fine, given the age of the originals in some cases.
Its a long job to do, but perfect for those 'wet days' - if the drought ever breaks!!
geekcampgirl
Camping King

Postby CCC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:18 pm

hey hey :grin: welcome to the site ... nice pic 8)
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Introductions: