G'day

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

G'day

Postby Ricklanga » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi,

New to this forum and thought I should introduce myself. I have a wife (she keeps me sane) and three kids (two boys and a princess). Am just getting some gear together at the moment so we can start camping. Almost there, just need something to sleep on really. Have been enjoying the forum so far, getting lots of tips on gear and locations. Now just need to get out there.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Re: G'day

Postby Teabag » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Welcome to the group. I'm new also and you will find a wealth of info here and other places. The internet is your friend...... :hello:
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with 2005 Limited Edition Kimberley Kamper and plenty of goodies.

http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1003
Teabag
Captain Camping

Postby cruiser » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:20 pm

:hello: welcome ricklanga
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:11 pm

:hello: & welcome we are a friendly bunch :grin:
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Blue Bravo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Welcome aboard :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:41 pm

WELCOME ricklanga. As the others had already mentioned this is a great forum with members only too happy to share their views. And we would also like to hear of your adventures as well. It is amazing how much the kids come to love camping as well and it is a great way to create some wonderful memories for the future.

Some of are are quite seasoned campers and as such it is often a real treat to see things through the eyes of a freshman.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:06 pm

G'day and welcome ricklanga! :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby ChallengeLee » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:54 am

:hello: and welcome Ricklanga
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby Ricklanga » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Thanx all for the warm welcome and gypsylady you are right about the kids. They get so excited whenever we do anything like this and as they seem to be growing up so fast it is important to share some good times together without tv's, playstations and computers. The sad fact is that one day they probably won't want to spend so much time with mum and dad so I want to enjoy as much time with them as I can, while I can.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:43 am

ricklanga wrote:
The sad fact is that one day they probably won't want to spend so much time with mum and dad

Ain't that the truth??

However there will come a time when the 'grandkids' will want to come camping with you. Maybe a long time off but worth the wait.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: