Newbie - Queensland

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Newbie - Queensland

Postby robbieireland » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:45 pm

Hey folks,

new to the forum, gonna be taking a campervan from Brizzy to Cairns in a few weeks, for a month. No Work.....yeahhhhhhh!

First time taking a campervan road trip, any advice welcome!!!

Is there anything that I really need to watch out for, lack of service stations etc!!

Cheers
robbieireland

Re: Newbie - Queensland

Postby Troyk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Welcome :armsup

If you are worried about service stations, go to the petrol company sites like BP and Caltex, and they have a trip planner. Put in your start and finish locations and it will give you a route and tell you all of their service stations along the way.

The RACQ trip planner is also very handy.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:10 am

Hey robbieireland,

Welcome, always happy to have a few more Queenslanders aboard. Be sure to take lots of pics we need to top up our Great State Photo Comp...

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby barnesy01 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Robbieireland,
Done this trip a few times. If you stick to the highway, there is no issues. I think the only time i came into trouble was about an hour or so on the southern side of Gladstone. Although i wasn't really looking at the fuel gauge at the time.
barnesy01
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi robbieireland and WELCOME to the forum. Re your trip north I suggest that you fill up at the major towns and keep an eye on the fuel and the klms to the next town.

Lots of great advice and many members willing to share their experiences and knowledge with you.

I am sure you will have a fantastic trip and doubt that obtaining fuel will present any problems.

Are you planning on driving straight to Cairns and holidaying there or making a road trip of it??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: