Hello - I am new at this

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello - I am new at this

Postby Buckles » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi, have just joined and am new to this type of activity.

I love travelling and have set myself up with my camp gear. Next problem - where to go and who to go with.

I am single, 61 and female. Maybe not a good combination for camping but I need to get a life. I probably need to camp where there are other people around. I am shy to start but need to get over that - I am friendly and enjoy a glass of wine.

:hello:
Kay
0416 125 759
Buckles

Re: Hello - I am new at this

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi. I am new here too.... and have only had our campertrailer for 5 months (used 3 times) but have been camping for about two years. Hubby and I are in our early 40's with 3 kids (15, 13 & 10)

We find that caravan parks are the best place to meet lots of new people. You will find most parks have "beer o'clock" :cheers Grab your wine glass (full of course) and go for a wander any time after 5pm and you will find heaps of people willing to have a chat....

Funny but I also find that at the amenities blocks in the morning is where you tend to also meet and chat to lots of other people doing just what your doing.

Mum & Dad have a caravan and travel quite a bit and they Loooove "Beer O'Clock"
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby mr_grumble » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Welcome to both of you, xmasbaby67 and buckles, nice to have fresh blood :cheers

Camping surely has to be one of the best mediums to meet new people, or it can be a great way to get away from people, depends on what your looking for I guess.

I personally look foward to camping to get away from the crowds, but thats just me.

Lot's of reports on different places on here, just remember the search function is your friend ;)

Enjoy

Steve
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi xmasbaby67 and buckles and WELCOME to the forum. If you would like to chat camping and all things related you have come to the right place. Lots of people all with one common interest…a love of camping and the great outdoors

Here you will find many members who are willing to share their ideas, tips and tricks for successful camping trips. No question is too trivial.

Buckles at the age of 61 believe me you are not too old to start camping, my mum who is now 76 comes camping with me and enjoys it immensley. Her first camping trip was almost 3 years ago which made her 73.

You did not say where you are located and you need not be specific, just generalize and that will give us more opportunity to advise you accordingly.

Here in SEQ we do have the occasional group gathering and you would be more than welcome to come along if you live in this neck of the woods.

Personally I am not into CPs but prefer campgrounds, however horses for courses and I am sure all you need to do is say 'hi' and start chatting. Walking/wandering around the campground, waving to all who pass will also assist with breaking the ice

The amenities block, the BBQ, laundry or camp kitchen are all areas where you can chat with fellow campers. Check out and see if the campground or CP has a communal campfire, it is always a great place to mix as well.

Hope this helps buckles.

Cheers....Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Welcome Buckles and XmasBaby67. :armsup

Beer o'clock time... hmmm... :cheers
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Buckles » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:41 am

Thanks for all that encouragement. I live in the Southern Downs (Q) LGA area. I have not even had much practice with forums so contrary to what the children say.......life is a continuous learn curve.

I will be keeping my eye on this site. I am pretty well booked up until after Christmas but then I must get out there.
Kay
0416 125 759
Buckles

Postby amanda » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:51 am

Welcome and enjoy the site :grin:
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:53 am

Buckles wrote:
I am pretty well booked up until after Christmas but then I must get out there.

Well at that rate you are well on the way to being a real social butterfly.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks for the great welcome everyone.... :armsup

We are in Central West NSW in our early 40s with three kids (15,13 &10) and love both campgrounds and cp. We have not long progressed from a large tent (nightmare to put up in wind, those geopoles drive me crazy :evil: ) to a second hand campertrailer (a absolute dream)
We live only 30mins from Wyangala Dam which is a state park and go there quite often to escape the crowds but at Xmas we are off to cp's following the Murray River from Swan Hill to Lake Mulwala for two weeks.....Cant wait :+ :cheers

I am finding this site to be great with lots of friendly people and great advice Thanks everyone. :?#
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:04 pm

Looks like you too have a bit of an adventure planned xmasbaby67. Please tell us all about it on your return and pics, we love pics.

Cheers....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: