Family in WA......helloooooooooooo

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Family in WA......helloooooooooooo

Postby jac&mark+4 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:45 am

Been having a good sticky around the forum and after 2 days of searching Im hoping Ive found a good camping forum , there arent too many out there.

We are a family of 6, out of 4 kids 3 are now teenages. We love the outdoors and usually spend most of our time out in our boat. We have decided to start hitting the camping a bit harder as we both grew up with it and really miss it.

Been doing the updating of most our camping gear.
Purchased the oztrail canvas cabin tent (yeah I had to get the big one) would love any feedback on this tent. We kept our 2 little dome tents for the quick getaways or to lose the kids.
Grabbed a cage for the top of the pajero for the camping where we dont need and also cant get with the boat.
Planning our next trip just for the weekend to test out the new tent down in pinjarra for early june. Will deff post some pics of our new set up after that.
Is there many here from WA, would love to hear first hand some geat places to camp, we also have a cavalier dog, and our new cavalier puppy we finally get in 2 weeks. We dont go anywhere without the dogs so it does limit us.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone
jac
jac&mark+4
Boy Scout

Re: Family in WA......helloooooooooooo

Postby amanda » Fri May 15, 2009 8:14 am

Welcome Jac and Mark, hope you enjoy the forum!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri May 15, 2009 8:45 am

Hellooooooooo back to you,can`t wait for you to post some pics i toured the western coastline some years ago and thought it was so spectacular. Yes gotta do the big tent,i have a tourer tent and i have just me AND the 3 dogs,(i also take the dogs all the time) i struck a bit of rain last year and the big tent was a god send.Happy camping.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby AussieSunset » Fri May 15, 2009 9:55 am

Welcome jac&mark+4 and you furry family too. :grin:
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby markcrook » Fri May 15, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi Jac and Mark :hello:

Welcome to the forum - we live in WA, near Rockingham. We tend to head South to Bunbury, Bussleton and Margs for weekends (can't wait for the freeway extension to open in July :armsup as it will knock 1/2 hour of the journey).

We did go to Kalbarri over easter and had a great 10 days and are now looking at a few other parks North of the city. Though there doesn't seem as much to see and do once you get North of Joondalup! (maybe controversial, but there is only so much time I can spend on the beach even though I surf and now fish!).

There is loads of info etc on the forum, use the search bar it is a great help, or just ask questions.

Great to have some other Sandgroppers on the forum.

Mark
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby jac&mark+4 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:54 pm

We were in kalbarri last week of March, but we hired a house with another family.

South camping is deff the way to go, I grew up in Albany so I know a few secret spots, but too far away for aweekend. Picked up a book called Camping guide to western australia, lots of places within 2-3 hours of perth either way, so planning on checking a few of them out
jac&mark+4
Boy Scout

Postby Bill snd Morag » Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy...
Bill and Morag
Bill snd Morag
Captain Camping

Postby itchyvet » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 pm

For all our W.A. happy campers, and especially the ones who like to camp with their furry friends, please take note.
We had planned on spending a week at POTTER'S GORGE in the WELLINTON DAM reserve down near Collie shortly.
As is my wont, I decided to check out with DEC, to ensure things were OK, as my last recollection, furry animals were allowed, provided they were on a leash, it now turns out since MAY of this year, no dogs are allowed ANYWHERE within the Wellington reserve, that includes the water mark of the dam. :twisted:
I was also advised they've undertaken a heavy feral animal programme with baiting for foxes and cats, so the place is crawling with yummy tasty baits for the unsuspecting dog.
Bit of a bugger for us, as we go everywhere with our furry mutts, and that reserve was the one remaining excellent place where you could go unhindered.
itchyvet
Captain Camping

Postby itchyvet » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Forgot to mention, another camping site available at LAKE LESCHENAULTIA off the GREAT EASTERN HIGHWAY on the way to Northam.
Nice spot, but beware of public holidays, place can get crowded, other times it's very nice, fresh water lake to swim in and canoes to hire, shop within for refreshments, pub just up the road for counter lunch and refreshments, power available and camping kitchen with hot and cold showers.
itchyvet
Captain Camping

Postby Matilda » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:35 am

Gday jac&mark+4,

Welcome to the forum, plenty of help available here.

We have teenage kids and they absolutely love camping and travelling Oz.

Enjoy your adventures and happy camping wherever you go :P

Cheers Tina
Prepare and Enjoy the Great Outdoors
http://www.familyfriendlyozcamping.com.au/
Matilda
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: