Newbies From Thunderbolt Country NSW

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Newbies From Thunderbolt Country NSW

Postby Godmuvva » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 am

Hi everybody from Jen & Tone in wonderful New England, northern NSW.
We have been caravanning since 2006 and loving it. So far we haven't ventured out of NSW yet, as Tone still has to work, so mostly we can only do short trips. We have just bought a BMW all wheel (??) drive to tow our van with.We have a Suzuki Vitara as well. That's MY car and I wasn't trading it, so the BMW car had to go !!

I see LOTS and LOTS of vans travel through Uralla each day, I am often tempted to go and introduce myself to some of these happy travellers.

Anyway, we look forward to being part of the group, just one question, I had to add my "real ISP address" as I call it, to join the group, but I never ever use that address, I only ever use Hotmail, is there some way I can have the daily diary updates sent to my hotmail addres? I tried to change to hotmail in my profile but no luck!!

Cheers from Jennie (aka Da Godmuvva - of craft that is !!)
Godmuvva

Re: Newbies From Thunderbolt Country NSW

Postby CampGrrlz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Godmuvva wrote:I see LOTS and LOTS of vans travel through Uralla each day...

Aah! Uralla :) I remember a rather horrifying descent into Uralla from Armidale (or have I travelled down too many hills and got myself muddled?) anyway, hills or no hills, it is a delightful part of the country. Welcome to the Forum! :grin:

Posting a note to 'Forum Rules Questions and Comments' should get an answer to your email dilemma from the site admin. I have used a webmail address (as I do for all Fora) and had no quibble from the software on this site. A webmail address is just as much a 'real' email address as any other.

There's no actual digest similar to an email list, though. If you choose to be notified when a reply to a specific is received, you will receive an email at the nominated address.

Happy camping from Elaine and Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Jennie and WELCOME to the forum. You live in such a great part of the world...how wonderful that must be.

Being the chatter box that I am, I would definitely be going and chatting with those passing vanners. I am sure they will also love a chat and you will learn so much from them.

That is one of the things I really love about travelling (albeit part time) is the friendliness of the people one meets.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby him and I » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:32 pm

hello, We've only just begun caravanning. Brought an old poptop 1980 model! All in good nick and is making us very happy. Have been for a couple of trips, one to Bourke and another to Lightning Ridge. We live in Baradine, near Coonabarabran. Have just spent a couple of nites camping in a free parking area and had the time of our lives. Home now to make a couple of camping items and then out there again!! We're having a great time, looking forward to many more!
Maori girl and her kiwi bloke
him and I
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:45 pm

A pair of Kiwis....glad to have you join us and WELCOME to the forum.

One thing I will suggest is that you purchase the Camps Australia Wide 5 book which is chockers full of free and low cost camping areas.

If you belong to the NRMA then I suggest you purchase from them and you will get it at the discounted price.

Next recommendation is to spend some time going back through the old threads on this forum.....heaps of good info available here.

Cheers.....

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby him and I » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:05 pm

:hello:
Thanks Gypsylady, I have got the Camps 5 book and can't stop looking thru it!!! Met 3 vanners in Woollies carpark yesterday and they pulled out their campfire cooking stuff and showed us. Some good ideas in there! I have read thru some of the threads here, re keeping portable fridge/freezer charged. Solar Power and heaps of other things. Its great. Thanks for the welcome, maybe we will come across each other on the trails! take care
Maori girl and her kiwi bloke
him and I
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:12 pm

The CAW book is the bible of the travellers. I have friends who are on the road full time and they are still using CAW3 and it is as well worn as any book I have ever seen.

I have suggested that maybe it is time for them to upgrade.

Campgrounds are another great place to get hands on info......campers love to show off their camp sites and all the little bits that make it 'home' for them.

Cheers.....

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: