The Solar Cap Guy from Eden say's HI !!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

The Solar Cap Guy from Eden say's HI !!

Postby SolarCap Guy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi All,

My name's Andy...but down here in Eden in NSW lately, everyone is calling me the Solar Cap Guy because we've found this brilliant hands free lighting gadget...a solar powered cap from New Zealand and I've been showing it to everyone.

Anyway, I won't talk about that here (much) but I did do an advert for it and put it in the Directory on this site ( Thanks to the Moderator for allowing such a feature)

Over the past 2 months since we launched the 2C solarlightcap, I've been travelling to the ag field days and the caravan and camping shows all over NSW and Victoria to show the caps off and set up retail outlets so that the rest of you can get them. I just wanted to say...I have met some really amazing, interesting people from all walks.

The way whole families are taking up the outdoors challenge and setting off together to explore this great country, the stories I'm being told and the fun...

I'm jealous.
Up until 2 years ago, my wife and I were working our butts off in sydney chasing wealth and fortune. i owned a security company with contracts and subsidiaries in 3 states, had 50+ emplioyees, and all the stress and worry of big morgages, staff headaches ect...then we just decided WTF!! and sold everything for whatever we could get and moved to Eden on the far south coast.

i gotta tell ya' we love it. Our kids are doing even better in school, and as a family we have started travelling and exploring Australia together.

You folks have probably been doing it for years and I just wish I had of realised sooner, that there's more spirit, community and friendship in a campsite than in the whole of any city.

I'm looking forward to hearing your stories and sharing ours.

regards

Andy - the Solar Cap Guy.
Check out the website to see what i'm talking about at ajmanagement.com.au
cheers
Andy - The Solar Cap Guy
Ajmanagement.com.au
Eden, NSW

Is there not some humble glen,
where we, content and poor,
can build our camp, cool in the shade,
A shepherd I, and with thou to aid,
my task upon dale and moor?
SolarCap Guy
Boy Scout

Re: The Solar Cap Guy from Eden say's HI !!

Postby Beau » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:45 pm

:hello:
Hi Andy, welcome. I am sure you will enjoy the discussions on this forum and the wealth of knowledge that can be found.
I am glad your new found lifestyle is working out well, all the best with your sola cap venture, it sounds like an interesting bit of gear!
We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities. -Nessmuk
Beau
Camping King

Postby SolarCap Guy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:01 am

Thanks Camping King,

Appreciated the fact that someone took time to read my ramblings hehehe.
Take care (and I love the quote)

andy
Andy - The Solar Cap Guy
Ajmanagement.com.au
Eden, NSW

Is there not some humble glen,
where we, content and poor,
can build our camp, cool in the shade,
A shepherd I, and with thou to aid,
my task upon dale and moor?
SolarCap Guy
Boy Scout

Postby amanda » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:26 am

Welcome aboard and enjoy the site!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Matilda » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum, your solar cap sounds great, just what every camper needs :+
Prepare and Enjoy the Great Outdoors
http://www.familyfriendlyozcamping.com.au/
Matilda
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: