Hi from Central western NSW

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi from Central western NSW

Postby welder.man » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Hello, so glad I found this website! My family (Wife, kids: 4 and 2 and I) have been camping the last few years, mostly within a few hours of our home in Gooloogong, Central Western, NSW, We have a good tent and we are getting more gear all the time. This site certainly has lots of tips and ideas to help me become a better campsite builder I will post some of our camping adventures in the near future, and we're heading out for a three day fishing - camping trip in a few weeks.

We own and run a welding and sign writing business, So I have been making a lot of our own gear, and we hope to branch out into making more camping and fishing equipment in the near future, So if I can help with anything please just give us a yell.
Simon

http://www.abbeyswelding.com.au

abbeyswelding@bigpond.com

Metal Fabrication - Welding Repairs - Wrought Iron - Sign Writing - Custom Decals
welder.man
Boy Scout

Re: Hi from Central western NSW

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:36 pm

Welcome to the site :hello:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby dea » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:51 pm

welcome .. hope you like it here .. lots of good advice is on here ..

happy camping
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby welder.man » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:08 am

Thanks for the welcome. happy to have found this site.
Simon

Metal Fabrication - Welding Repairs - Wrought Iron - Sign Writing - Custom Decals
welder.man
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:46 am

Hi Simon and WELCOME to the forum. Glad to see that you have found some good info on this site, it is always a pleasure to hear good feedback.

Camping is great fun and it's good to see you and your young family out and about. I believe when kids are introduced to camping at a young age it gets in their blood and they grow to perpetuate the tradition.

Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:08 am

Welcome aboard :armsup
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:44 am

Welcome!

You been camping out at the Wedding Mountains yet? I camped there about 6 months ago, there's a cave somewhere up the top and we found a secluded spot away from the main campground that was great.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby welder.man » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:01 am

I used to camp in the weddin mountains years ago when I was into bikes, I am a bit old for them now but I just might go and have a look out there again.

Mostly we only head out of town to a mates farm it's about 500ac on the lachlan river, So we have access to about 4ks of river with a couple of good spots.
Simon

welder.man
Boy Scout

Postby dea » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 pm

gypsylady wrote:Hi Simon and WELCOME to the forum. Glad to see that you have found some good info on this site, it is always a pleasure to hear good feedback.

Camping is great fun and it's good to see you and your young family out and about. I believe when kids are introduced to camping at a young age it gets in their blood and they grow to perpetuate the tradition.

Cheers....

that is so true gypsy.. we did lots of camping as kids.. now we all do it as adults with our families
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby CampGrrlz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm

welder.man wrote:So if I can help with anything please just give us a yell.

Right, welder man, I'm yelling ;)

I've been looking for a lever-type tent-peg remover. I have an off-the-shelf hook-type made in the mysterious orient, but it's hard going for a couple of old boilers.

Recently via eBay, I bought one made in Melbourne (!) but I returned it. It was a nice design but suited to dwarfs. The same guy made a frying pan to fit ontop of a single-burner gas-cannister stove. But the same design thought was not given to the tent-peg-remover.

If you can design and build a lever-type tent-peg remover suited to full-sized people (in our case, 5ft 3in) and would be prepared to post it, please get back to me. I may not be the only person wanting one :grin:

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby welder.man » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi Elaine I have a couple of ideas for peg pullers I have been meaning to build for a while now I will be in the workshop in the morning I am building a camp fire stainless steel water heater so I will build them after that and I will send you a photo.

Just to be sure we are thinking of the same thing you would like to be able to pull your pegs out of hard ground from a standing position (say about 3' high). Is space a concern? I can build one that will simply fold in half for easy storage.
Simon

welder.man
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 pm

welder.man wrote:
I can build one that will simply fold in half for easy storage.

I'd be interested in seeing some pics of this one too please Simon
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CampGrrlz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 pm

welder.man wrote:...I have a couple of ideas for peg pullers...so I will build them after that and I will send you a photo. ...pull your pegs out of hard ground from a standing position (say about 3' high)...I can build one that will simply fold in half for easy storage.

Got it in one, Steve :grin: Folding would be preferable! Look forward to your pix with interest :grin:
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby amanda » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:20 am

I'd be keen to see it too please.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby welder.man » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:48 pm

I spent some time today and built this peg puller, it easily removes pegs from hard ground it will pull them out 200mm (8") in one easy movement no bending or kneeling involved My wife and 4 year old son can pull out a 400mm (16") peg no trouble.

I hope the photos are not to big.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simon

welder.man
Boy Scout

Next

Return to Introductions: