Hi from the Gold Coast

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi from the Gold Coast

Postby GoldCoast » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:30 pm

Our young children have the camping bug and keep asking when are we going camping again :)

We bought a tent etc and took them camping at Sharp Park in August and September and will be taking them to Spring Gully later this month.

Some of the posts on this excellent forum have already helped us. Thanks!
GoldCoast
Boy Scout

Re: Hi from the Gold Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:45 am

Hi GoldCoast and WELCOME to the forum.

You will love both Sharp Park and SGS, thye are both great camping locations. Are you planning on camping in the regular campground at SGS or bush camping on the other side of theh creek??

There is also 2 parts to Sharp Park, one on either side of the creek.

I love seeing the young ones enjoying camping especially in this very techno world, it gets them back to basics and hopefully some old fashioned fun.

Cheers......
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GoldCoast » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am

Thanks for the welcome.

We liked the southern side of Sharp Park but camped away from the day camping area as there was a noisy religious group that appear to regularly visit the day camp area at night.

We dropped in to check out SGS, liked it, and have booked for the bush camping side.
We just bought a fridge and portable toilet from Aldi to use on our SGS camping trip.

The kids love camping. They saw a platypus at Sharp park last time and a goanna when we were checking out SGS.
They also asked if the cows we saw near SGS were going to push the car over :)

There were stinging nettles at SGS so we will have to educate them not to touch them and make sure we have something to apply if they ignore the warnings.
GoldCoast
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 am

WOW GC looks like you are definitely in for some great times camping. There is so much for the littlies to learn out there in the bush and good on you for taking them.

I thought Paul had a portable loo on the bush camping side of the creek.....there has always been one every time I have camped there.

I recommend that you use either WW or Coles generic nappy soaker in your loo....not only is it quite inexpensive it also works better than the chemicals and is enviro friendly.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GoldCoast » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:35 pm

gypsylady wrote:WOW GC looks like you are definitely in for some great times camping. There is so much for the littlies to learn out there in the bush and good on you for taking them.

I thought Paul had a portable loo on the bush camping side of the creek.....there has always been one every time I have camped there.

I recommend that you use either WW or Coles generic nappy soaker in your loo....not only is it quite inexpensive it also works better than the chemicals and is enviro friendly.

Paul still has the portable loo on the bush camping side but we didn't want any stress over toilets especially in the middle of the night with kids. We wanted to get a portable loo and try it out anyway.

Thanks for the nappy soaker tip. There is so much we don't know and it's great getting practical help from experienced campers.
GoldCoast
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm

GoldCoast wrote:

There is so much we don't know and it's great getting practical help from experienced campers.

One good cap full dissolved in a litre of warm water in the bottom tank GC and you can add some more to it as you go if you like...especially in the summer months. A tablespoon or 2 each day if it there is heavy use.

Also Quilton 3 ply toilet paper is the best for breaking down as well.

Any time I can help...just holler.

Cheers....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby freerocketman1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:50 am

welcome to the forum gc :armsup
if your looking for some other places to camp around beaudesert way call into the info centre there & pick up a leaflet it has places like stinsons pk with directions on how to get their.
as for stinging nettles i think there is a old post some where on here that says there is another plant that grows next to it that you rub on to take the pain away,
just wish there was a pic of it from my past trips i lernt not to touch the hard way :oops:
happy camping :grin:
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Return to Introductions: