Hello, new to forum - family from Perth, WA

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello, new to forum - family from Perth, WA

Postby tbsin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Hello all.

We are a family of 5 from Perth, WA. Until recently we have been camping with the basic tent set-up. We have just bought a camper trailer/tent (but won't pick it up until December).

We have decided to do the 'take a year off and do the big lap around Australia' thing in 2011. Need to save for the next year so we won't have to work lots, although we already have a few people we know on farms that will give us work.

As the new trailer will be our home for a year, we needed as much information on what we need etc. We'll also use the next year to test our set-up and make sure it is ok for the big trip. An exciting time.

We have a camp oven set-up that I am going to try in our back-yard to see what kind of burnt offerings, err... masterpieces I can whip-up. Did not want to spend $200+ on a Cobb oven! If it works, I'll be sure to post a pic and some recipes.

Looking forward to getting lots of great hints and tips here.
tbsin

Re: Hello, new to forum - family from Perth, WA

Postby CampGrrlz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:01 pm

tbsin wrote:...what kind of burnt offerings...

:*** Steak Joan of Arc, perhaps? ;)

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Re: Hello, new to forum - family from Perth, WA

Postby Matilda » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:14 am

Hi tbsin,

Welcome to the forum, doing the 'Big Lap' will be very exciting - most of us dream about doing it, a few lucky ones get to do it. My family have camped and travelled ifrom Vic to the Kimberleys, Central Australia, top end - Darwin Kakadu and outback QLD NSW, Fraser Island, I can recommend them all - Absolutely Amazing.

Happy Camping and travelling
Cheers Tina
Prepare and Enjoy the Great Outdoors
http://www.familyfriendlyozcamping.com.au/
Matilda
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: