I feel like I need to re-introduce myself

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

I feel like I need to re-introduce myself

Postby mytribe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Actually just had a look at when I last posted, it was Nov 2008, so a re-introduction is definitely warranted. :lol:

There's me, there's hubby and between us we have 6 kids, 2 dogs, 6 chickens and 1 budgie(unfortunately the fish and the guinea pigs have passed in the last 12 months).

We stopped camping a good 12months ago(if not longer) due to lack of time, lack of funds and me hating to camp in a tent when it's way too cold/wet.

But that's all about to change, this morning we became the proud owners of an older style caravan, there'll be no tent putting up in the dark(unless we choose to go bush camping as per the past, every now and then), the kids may have to tone the noise down if we end up doing some caravan parks every now and then and hubby may have to interact with other campers, but it all seems good at the moment :***

The van is currently parked on our front lawn, we're sleeping in it tonight to give it a trial run, the kids have spent all day in it so far, pretending they're already on a camping trip :lol:

Exciting changes around here, that's for sure(especially for someone who actually commented on this very site back in August 2008 that caravan park camping wasn't for us), but we're getting older and the thought of packing all that gear into the trailer, and then setting up when we get where we're going was starting to wear a bit thin.

So it's a :hello: once again from me.
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Re: I feel like I need to re-introduce myself

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi MT and WELCOME Back to the fold. I thought when I saw your name that it had been quite some time since you had graced us with your presence and I was right.

You need not go to CPs just because you have a van....there are still plenty of campgrounds about and you can add to that some of the freebies and bush camping as well.

In fact I am sure you can still go to most if not all of the places you camped at before.

Have a great night with your 'claytons' camp tonight in the van.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:38 am

Welcome back - good to hear from you again :grin:
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Tina » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi Mytribe,

Welcome back to the forum

Happy Camping in your Caravan :)

Cheers Tina
Preparing for a Travel Adventure in Australia?
Need some help planning your trip?
Would you like some Camping Tips and Info
http://www.yourguidetravelaustralia.com.au
Tina
Camping King

Return to Introductions: