Hi

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Re: Hi

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:15 am

You could also hire a camper while you are over here and see some of the places reviewed on this forum personally..... now I think that would definately change your wife's mind about living in Oz.. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:50 pm

The flight time from here to Western Europe is "only" about 22 hours, shortest way. That's on a direct flight, with one half hour stop to fuel. I don't do direct flights anymore though. Way too tiring. I fly from here to somewhere in Asia (Tokyo, Seoul, KL, Singapore, lots of choice!) and stay overnight before I hop on the 12-14 hour flight to Europe. I find it the only way to do long distance flights.

Definitely come for a holiday! It's a much shorter trip from there too.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Soren G » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi lin,I totally overlooked you post...sorry.
Direct flights are a bit expensive (as far as I can say)that´s why we normally fly "crooked"with several stops.I might be wrong and I can´t say that I am an expert on flying thought....
Soren G
Camping Veteran

Postby Lin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:32 pm

I think it's a good strategy, but you do have to spoil yourselves a bit and pay for an overnighter in a hotel along the way, I reckon. Some airlines even include an overnight stay in their ticket prices.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to Introductions: