All the way from UK for 3 months

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

All the way from UK for 3 months

Postby Gerry Simpson » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:43 pm

Hi, I'm coming over in January thru April and have a camper van booked. I want to see as much of your wonderful country as possible. I've been to NSW before and did a mini-tour but now I'm here for 10 weeks and want to see Ayers Rock, Great Barrier Reef & all points of interest. My wife and I are in our 50's and need an itinery that's copatible with driving 250-300 miles one day, stay over the next. Which camp sites would be best? In Europe we prefer organized sites what is the best way in Oz?

Which is the best club? Book? web site? What is the best route and what must I do to avoid trouble/problems. Help please.
Gerry Simpson
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:52 pm

Australia is a VERY big place so it might help if you give the baord an idea of EXACTLY what you would like to see and do. You've generalised a bit (The area's you've mentioned will occupy approx. 10000k's of travelling depending on routes travelled).

Do you want tp travel to the West Coast (Perth, Broome etc) or do you just want to keep it to the East Coast and Central Australia? What sites do you want to see? What are you looking for in regard to campsites? Caravan Parks? Bush sites? Something inebtween? Try to put some thought into it and then be a bit mre specific and we should be able to come up with something for you.

Cheers ...

Richard.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Introductions: