Hi All

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi All

Postby Ian S » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi All, as you can gather I'm a newbie. Live in Burmett Heads Qld and love it. The wife, kids and I love camping and go out as often as we can. Looked around and thought I'd join what appears to be a good and helpful site. Looking forward to finding my way around and possibly finding some more great locations to travel to.

Cheers...Ian ::)
Life can throw nothing at you that beer won't fix
Ian S
Captain Camping

Re: Hi All

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi Ian and WELCOME to the forum....You probably picked the quietest time of year to join so have a look around and catch up on all the chat.

The others will be along after Xmas to chat as well.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ian S » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Yes I gathered it would be quiet, many off doing what they love. I can only hope they are enjoying their chrissy break. As for me I'm off in the new year.....yipeeee!!!!
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby Titch2 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Welcome to the forum :?#
Enjoy the journey.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ian S » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.... :cheers
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Ian S wrote:Yes I gathered it would be quiet, many off doing what they love. I can only hope they are enjoying their chrissy break. As for me I'm off in the new year.....yipeeee!!!!

Where you off to Ian??

How do you camp...camper, tent, camper trailer, caravan??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ian S » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:17 pm

We were planning a trip down to Woomargama N/P NSW but that has changed somewhat. So come around the 6th we are just loading up and driving south. No real destination in mind but will probably head down through Wingham through Barrington Tops and take it from there. We are mainly just waiting to see where gets affected how by all this rain. Might head down through to Abercrombie caves then back up through Orange, Dubbo etc ???? We just mainly want to get away and do a bit of a road trip travelling rather than just going and sitting for several weeks. We might get somewhere and say, "Hey, let's go here next". We might get somewhere and like it and stay a while. As I always say, "It's not so much the destination, but the adventure along the way". We will however, plan our stays around the old trusty ozcamps free campsites.

We have a '97 Pajero with an off road camper trailer. The trailer is still a bit of a work in progress (i.e. electrics, fridge etc) but does the job. I just run lights and shower off the secondary battery in the car at the moment. And the faithful Tropical high density esky works a treat in all weather conditions. Fitting some hinges and gas struts to the top next week before we go to make it easier to load/unload, and power hopefully some time soon in the new year. We're saving for a Fridgemate 70lt so that has helped cut the trip short. It's a pretty simple set up and nothing fancy but we love it. We've had it for around 6mths so we are still working out what we want to do, v's budget, v's what is best...no rush
I also have the trusty swag and tent (small and large) and stuff, you know the stuff you collect over the years.
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:24 pm

I love road trips like that Ian....get to the next intersection and toss a coin to see which way you head next.

I have not long ago returned from a 5 week trip down the coast and then back home via the inland of NSW, taking in more of the out of the way places.

You are at an exciting time with your CT which is an adventure in itself......Enjoy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ian S » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Yes, the trailer is working out a joy as is the 4by, but patience is a vitue as I want to get it right once, so i don't mind holding off. We were planning 5 weeks but will probably only travel for 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. We will just see where the road ahead takes us. After all this is the reason from upgrading from tent to trailer...
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby sienna » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Ian,
We used to fish up there and always caught heaps off the groin.
We camped over at Elliot heads in a big canvas marquee tent. Every christmas when we were kids/teenagers.
Haven't been up that way in years and would love to revisit the place. From the look of google earth, the place has changed a bit since we were there.

Welcome to the forum and have a great trip. Don't forget to post pics if you get a chance.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ian S » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Its gone ahead but is still hindered by local gov't beauracracy, which we don't mind at all. We love it here and don't consider moving. We are only renting at the moment but maybe look at buying next year sometime, no biggy though. Elliott Heads is a great place, we often take the kids for a drive, swim and an ice cream down there. I'll try and see if can find some pics. Its not too beautiful at the moment with all the flood waters rushing down the river...
Ian S
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: