Hello all from Brisbane

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello all from Brisbane

Postby Paul W » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been keen campers for a number of years but we recently had our first child so camping was put on hold for a year.
Well, the other day we bought ourselves a new offroad camper trailer and we're all set to head out camping again.
Our little boy is 10 months old now and rearing to go. :bunny

I think our first trip will be back up to inskip point for a test run of the new gear. (and we can take our dog)

Then the list is something like: Wivenhoe, Bribie island, Noosa, Big Riggen, maybe some 4x4 parks e.t.c.

I enjoy fishing so anywhere near the water is a huge plus!!

Hope to see you out there,
Paul. :cheers
Paul W

Re: Hello all from Brisbane

Postby Titch2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Welcome to the forum Paul.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Paul W wrote: think our first trip will be back up to inskip point for a test run of the new gear. (and we can take our dog)
Then the list is something like: Wivenhoe, Bribie island, Noosa, Big Riggen,
Hope to see you out there,
Paul. :cheers

Hi Paul and WELCOME to the forum. Wivenhoe, Bigriggen and Bribie Island are not pet friendly so you might like to reconsider if you intend on taking your pooch with you. Not sure about Noosa, not sure where you plan to go there.

We do have a list of pet friendly camping sites in the Camping with Pets folder......have a look there for some great info.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Paul W » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Thought I might mention that I bought a CT from Market Direct Campers via an Ebay bid.

I was, and still am, quite sceptical about the "cheapness" of such a well priced camper.
I paid just over $4,000 for the off-road deluxe V2 model, and added a spare wheel, tool box and stone deflector. Total price $4,850
The trailer came with an 85 litre water tank, Treg hitch, kitchen with hand pump, 7 spring eye to eye suspension with shocks and an 18ft by 23 ft - 5 oz ripstop canvas tent. (chinese made)

I've had the tent up once so far to weather it and I'm very pleased with the quality of workmanship.

Now, in buying something that is obviously built outside of Australia I expect there to be some issues, and there have been already.
The water tank has a slow leak from the dump valve, the jerry can and gas cylinder holders are dodgy at best.

To me these are minor things that can be fixed/improved for little or no cost. (I have tools, welder e.t.c.)

If I had more money I would have loved to buy a "top-end" CT like the kimberly but I don't so this is where I will start.

I think it will be interesting to see how well my $4000 camper will handle our camp trips.

Paul.
Paul W

Postby Titch2 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:47 pm

We have a cheapy,
if we can't get it to places we want to go we have a tent in the car.
Enjoy what you have,I bet your Young one will.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 pm

The old saying you have to walk before you crawl comes to mind here.

How many of us have started with not much more than a tent and progressed over time ......most times a very long time.

Paul....you buy what you can afford, anything that gets you out there in the great outdoors I reckon.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: