Hi!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi!

Postby Lisa S » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Lisa, we live in the outer east of melbourne. I camped a LOT as a kid, but hubby rarely did, we finally got a tent this year to start taking our son (nearly 7!). It's been ages since I've been, and feel like I'm very new to it all again, finding places to stay...and people to camp with!! I barely know anyone that camps anymore!!

Any suggestions/recommendations would be great!!

Nice to meet you all!

Lisa
Lisa S

Re: Hi!

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi Lisa and WELCOME to the forum. Might be a good idea to have a look back though some of the old postings here on the forum.....lots of great info here for the reading.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Hi!

Postby Drax » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Lisa,
I too am from the outer east of Melbourne and have young children, with the oldest being 6.
I would recommend trying, Wilsons Promontory first.
It's a lovely place which attracts many people - so your child may find another to play with and to meet other happy campers.
It has all the mod cons (toilets, showers, open air cinema, general store), so it will suit less experienced campers and non-campers.
There is a lot of wildlife to wow the family including Kangaroos, Emus, Wombats, Birds and Deer.
When I was at The Prom last we went Wombat hunting with 2 other families. We found one in a couple of mins and the kids asked if they could pat it. I suggested that patting the Wombat was not a good idea - so all the kids immediately jumped forward and starting patting it. The Wombat didn't seem to mind - but it was covered in fleas.
It's also a short trip to the beach.

Other places nearby are The Upper Yarra Reservoir near Warburton and King Lake. If you don't mind travelling then try The Grampians and Mt. Buffalo.
Drax
Boy Scout

Return to Introductions: