Help - Melbourne - Adelaide Campervan trip

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Help - Melbourne - Adelaide Campervan trip

Postby Penelope C » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:14 pm

HI,

I've spent so many hours looking at info on this and I just can't see how I will do it!

I'm from NZ and have for many years wanted to drive Melbourne - Adelaide along the Great ocean road. This christmas we have to go to Melbourne for family christmas, and so we thought after polite time staying there we would hire a campervan and me my husband and two kids would go off on an adventure to Adelaide and then back.

SO I was doing my costs a n a lysis and have looked up flights and campervan hire rates etc and then when I got to looking up campervan camping ground rates etc, I have come across this issue that all the camping parks seem to require a minimum nights stay over summer.

We really wanted to jump in the campervan and see where the day was going to take us and find somewhere to park up at the end of the day and then go on to the next place the next day.

We did this many years ago over summer in WA and didn't have a problem. We do it in NZ all the time.

however I am prepared to plan an itinerary and book in advance, but can't find somewhere to stay that we can stay for just one night? surely there must be places that cater for this?

We get lots of come visit us info over here and there are suggested initinaries for doing exactly what we want to do, one night then move on so there must be places that cater for this?

I wouldn't even mind if we had to change the route slightly and divert a bit of the main route to find somewhere to stay and then get back on it the next day.

I suppose I really wanted a camping ground because of being able to book a smaller campervan with no toilet/shower, and having playground/swimming pool facilities for the kids. But I suppose if we had to we could book a more expensive one with toilet and shower and would we be able to park up on the side of the road over night?

Thanks in advance for any help we might get.

p.s. I suppose ideally we wouldn't travel at peak time and not have this toruble, but we are limited to school holiday's and my husbands work shuts down over xmas so would have no leave at anther time to visit.
Penelope C

Re: Help - Melbourne - Adelaide Campervan trip

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi Penelope and WELCOME to the forum.

I have moved your post to INTRODUCTIONS which is a more suitable location for it.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: