help me find a dog friendly camp place on water in NSW pls.

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

help me find a dog friendly camp place on water in NSW pls.

Postby Nenie23 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:05 pm

Hi guys, We are a family of 2A 2kids aged 7 & 5 plus 2 very well behaved dogs. We have our own van and just love camping on the river/water anywhere. Does anyone know of a camping spot (only toilet facilities needed - have shower & power etc), that is on the water or a river. Preferably within 2 hours from the Central Coast - just south of Newcastle. We normally camp Nelsons Bay to Glouster areas, but would like to find some new camping sites. Even someones bottom cow paddock will do us if it is on the water.

Hope to hear something soon.
Nenie :grin:
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Postby Gary's Family » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:29 pm

Try Bachelor state forest, just out of Buladelah. Get a state forest map of the area and go and have a look. I haven't been there for a few years, but from memory there was some nice spots on the River. Another thought would be to look around Chichester state forest out through Eccleston, West of Newcastle. I think Lady's well is still State forest, camp ground write on the creek with large swimming holes. State forest is always our pick with the dog.

Hope this helps,
Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

..next time

Postby GetUpAndGo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:15 pm

... next time you could try using a pet sitter instead. They just come to your house every day and look after your pets when you're away. Just look Pet Sitting up in Google or in Yellow Pages. Lonely Pets Club (http://www.lonelypetsclub.com.au) do the whole of Melbourne, but I guess that isn't so good for you in NSW!
GET UP AND GO!
GetUpAndGo

Postby jollyroger » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:22 pm

have a book somewhere around here that lists all the camping grounds and Caravan Parks Oz wide that allow dogs. I think some are dogs only and the owners have to on a leesh!

I look now for you

HORROR I found it.

It's called "Travelling With Pets" (Dogs-Cats-Horses)

This is the 1st edition 03.
You can get them from RAA, NRMA, RACV,RACQ,RAC,RACT & NT mob.

It's published with support of the RSPCA and 4Legs Pet Food.
Not sure if it's still around. Yell out if you get stuck. I can relay any info from it.
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Return to Introductions: