Hello :)

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello :)

Postby Jakaluma » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi Everyone

Stumbled across this forum while looking for tent info. We (hubby, 7yo, 5yo and myself) are regular campers, but the zips on our old tent have finally given up - going camping next weekend so need a new tent pretty urgently!

We're planning to do a trip around Oz in a couple of years (for a year or two) and are at that great stage of running through all the options - outfit a mini bus/people mover, car plus caravan, 4WD and 4WD trailer/tent, 4WD with roof tent. Need one of those camping/outdoor expos I think! (Anyone know when the next one is in Melbourne?)

So glad to find this site, and sure I'll be back to explore it more soon :beer :grin:
Jakaluma

Postby Kramer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:37 am

Welcome to the forum, a caravan/camping expo is a great place to start when looking for a caravan/camper. I would steer away from the bus idea because of fuel prices and everytime you need to go into town you have to catch a cab or pack the whole lot up again. A friend of mine bought one of these Image its magic, absolutely huge and with the turbo V8 in the F-Truck he gets really good fuel economy 18-20lts/100k while towing and 14lts/100k while empty, would love one but my budget dosen't go quite that far $180000 ::() ::() ::()
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Introductions: