Me revealed!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Me revealed!

Postby jollyroger » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Hello all!
Can't remain anon forever. I'm Rob in Adelaide. We bought our first Camper Trailer this March and have used it every possible free moment. I find myself sitting in the driveway just looking at it and wishing I was in it away camping.
I work in Radio which is hectic and frantic at the best of times and camping has become my new release. It's a hobby I want to turn into a lifestyle. I have two kids 7.5 and 5.5 a partner Kerrie and Staffy known as "Keg On Legs"
We plunged right into the 4WD scene after going to a 4WD Show in SA. I have travelled for work right around the country and outback, except that country near Australia - Tasmania. That's next on the agenda.
I love a drop of wine and a lot of Wild Turkey whilst camping.
But a specially selected bottle or two of beer for the set up is always needed. A Southwark Premium or a Stella works well.

Chat soon!
:beer
:+
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby HGMonaro » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi Rob. I look at our camper the same way... can't wait until we drive off for our planned 3+ month trip. Only problem is we've still got 6 1/2 months to go till then :(
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Welcome JR

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Welcome JR and thanks for the Intro. Nice to have you aboard. Haven’t seen too many South Australians in the forum so would be nice to hear about a few of your favorite spots (after you've visited in the new camper of course).

What do you do in radio? Were all hoping you are an announcer so we can ask for a shameless plug... :armsup

:beer
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby jollyroger » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:23 am

I have just started 3 1/2 months Long Service leave and intend to camp as much as possible in that time. Even if it's by myself. I've have until the middle of March.
I spent yesterday cleaning the CT and repacking it just in case I decide to take off. It was a great thing to spend a whole day planning the packing of CT - I can now get much much more in it including the Eskie!

To answer what I do in radio - I am a copywriter/audio engineer!
I write, make and produce ad's for a large national media organisation.
I also setup large Outside Broadcast with satellite dishes and ISDN in local and remote area's. Have you ever heard Macca on Sunday mornings? I do alot with him remotely in SA.

But I have a lot of friends that are announcers and who work in TV. I have a few good ideas that might work. How do we get in touch?
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Kramer » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:11 pm

Welcome jollyroger :armsup Working with Macca must be a huge job he goes everywhere!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby jollyroger » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 pm

Only when he (MACCA) comes here, whether it's on the road or in the studio in Adel it's always a big job.
I get to see some amazing places in Australia especially outback and get paid for it too! You know Over worked and OVERPAID!

(who sang this song)
"The first to arrive, and the last leave, working for that minimum wage"

Our version is:

"The first to arrive, and the last leave, working for that maximum wage"

Oooo I feel bad! :+
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Kramer » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:56 pm

jollyroger wrote:Our version is:

"The first to arrive, and the last leave, working for that maximum wage"

Oooo I feel bad! :+

I am sure you feel bad :lol:
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Introductions: