What do you do when you can't sleep?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:30 am

Besides posting crap on every forum your a member of? Image

Just spent the last hour in bed staring at the ceiling. Its 30 od degrees here so thats probably not helping, and I'm crook with a throat infection.

And I sposed to be getting up for work in about 4 hoursImage
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby SMP » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:50 am

Where are you? According to my calender and watch it's 11.47 pm on the 21st of October.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:53 am

SMP wrote:Where are you? According to my calender and watch it's 11.47 pm on the 21st of October.

Same here. I'm in southwest nsw :?
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby SMP » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:05 am

So why is your [post at 2.30 am on the 22nd? Scott.
Working to camp.
SMP
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:19 am

The forums time is allover the shop
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Golden_Daydreamer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:25 am

SMP wrote:So why is your [post at 2.30 am on the 22nd? Scott.

Click on Profile and scroll down to Timezone. It should say GMT + 10 hours. If it doesn't, the post time stamp will be out.
Cheers,
Henry (Golden_Daydreamer)

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.
Golden_Daydreamer
Camping King

Postby Fonty » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:48 am

Being a single parent it's okay if I can't sleep, I let my kids stay up late and they sleep in with me. :grin: But instead of posting on crap forums Image I have a trivia room to go to and annoy everyone there live. So crappy chatrooms are yet another option if you're too tired to read a book or actually do something productive. Or you could put a load of washing on or do the vaccuuming and make sure there's a good chance others will suffer with you. :grin: The best thing for insomnia is apparently to keep yourself awake, but that's not much use when you've gotta work. The best thing I think in the middle of the night is to do something to keep your mind occupied till your head starts nodding and hope that you sleep second time around. The internet is good for keeping you occupied, even if it's just swearing at all the rubbish you didn't ask to see but keeps popping up on your screens anyway. :shock:

Hope you got some sleep last night.
Image Truth is often painful, but ignorance is never bliss.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Fonty » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:52 am

Or you could try dragging out your swag and kipping out the back yard. Maybe you just miss the great outdoors. 8)
Image Truth is often painful, but ignorance is never bliss.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Komodo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 am

beer - solves everything.

a 6 pack and a big meal and you'll be loving sleep. Thats whay I did last night. got home about 8:30 cooked dinner, knocked back a sixer and a (big) glass of kaluha and milk by 11:30 i couldnt keep my eyes open
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:58 am

I'm all outta beer. Had half a glass of Wild Turkey on ice, but that really didn't seem to do anything. Cleared up my throat for a while though 8)

BTW, the big meal didn't help either :?
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:19 pm

I usually sleep pretty well, but I cannot tell you what I am doing right. I do occasionally wake up when the koalas are going for it hammer and tong in the tree outside our bedroom window, or when one of the kids is having nightmares.

A few years back I had trouble sleeping, mainly because I couldn't get my brain to switch off, which is usually the main cause of insomnia. Work decided to put some of us through one of those well being courses and we learnt meditation, which I have to say helped me turn off (though some days I have trouble switching back on again). Though I haven't done any meditation for a while, I think I have better control of the switch.

The best way to describe the brain processes is that your brain collects a lot of information through the day and it needs to process it. When you are busy the brain stores the information for processing later. Ever woke up and remembered you had forgotten to do something? Its the processing that keeps you awake. Reading, surfing the net etc delays the processing. Drinking alcohol (responsibly of course) makes you relax and helps process the info. So process that information! :grin:

Sorry that was an engineer's understanding of psychology :beer
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Return to General Chit-Chat