NSW - Wooyung Beach Motel & Caravan Park

NSW - Wooyung Beach Motel & Caravan Park

Postby Al&Sharon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:04 pm

hi every 1 well we just had a great weekend away at Wooyung Beach Motel & Caravan Park, its 7 ks outside of potsville ,its a truelly dog friendly park ,no 1 walking round saying put your dog on the lead every time he wanders. Its 200 mts from a great beach where the dogs can run and the water was lovely for a swim not patrolled though so care is needed i didnt fish but I was told the fishing is good the beach had about 30 people playing in the surf so not deserted but just nice we had a great camp fire which was 40gallon drum cut down and put in stands, there where lots around the camp ground for those that wanted a fire we took ours out of the stand and had it low to set up the trypod so we could cook in the pot we had a lovely large piece of beef , jacketed spuds gravy and veges then a lovely breaky of saus bacon and eggs , this site is not 5 star but the toilets are lovely and clean, there are free hot showers but bore water the water does smell a little you also have a chioce of rain water but there was a charge for that 20c for 2 miniutes,and they are lovely and hot. There is a small shop not a lot in it but the esentails like bread and milk where on sale the people who run this camp are the most freindly people, on arrival they told us site which sites where good and which where booked it is busy they said but just take a drive if you find any where you think is nice you can camp. we found a nice secluded site down the back . there was a weekend market in potsville on sunday i got there before 7 as it was setting up scored a brilliant camping qld and 4x4 book for $12 what a bargain like i say this is not a 5star camping ground it has a few permanent caravans set up not always lived in but a nice site if you want a dog freindly camping ground in walking distance from a lovely beach or a relaxing weekend with in 2hrs from brissy then i would recommend this . prices where good $8 dollars per adult $4 per child Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Sounds good Alan. :)

Curious though, wasn't the park up for redevelopment into units? Remember reading something not that long ago.

Any pics?
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Review

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Sounds like a great weekend and a nice spot, any pics?
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby jeddalegs » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:27 pm

this place looks so nice i just rang them about going after xmas and they're booked out bugger :x
jeddalegs
Boy Scout

Postby Al&Sharon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi troy dont know about the development would be a terrible shame as there is a lot of development already in the area without creeping onto the campsite .thats a shame Jeddalegs maybe try it another date
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:28 pm

Another place added to "the list"
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Bella » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:49 pm

Heading down to Hastings Point in December will have to check it out. Any pics?
Bella
Camping King

Return to NSW