SE Qld Forum Gathering - 3 Nov 2007, Sharp Park, Canungra

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

The gathering?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:14 pm

Planning to come for the day on the Saturday
44%
Planning to camp the weekend
33%
Unfortunately can't make it that weekend
22%
Hot happy about the arrangements and/or the way it was organised
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:31 pm

freerocketman1 wrote:troy when are you thinking of going down?
iam going to try & finish early on friday [wishfull thinking]
if not ill be there sat moring.
as for the camp oven cook off i think i better have a look at dereks web site, i need all the help i can get. :grin:
shame derek wont be there he could give us a few tips. :armsup

admin do you have any of them stickers left? :) if so could you bring a couple along plz. :)

I am planning to get there about mid afternoon on the friday.

Barby-Q wrote:That's sounds great Troy , So we all cook something and put it on the table and then help ourselves ? If that's the case we'll do chicken on the spit and jacket potatoes

Sounds good. I will do a pork roast. Freerocketman, are you any good at deserts? :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby s4j » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:43 pm

Thanks for the PM Troy....I had missed the thread....Yep count us in for the Day...Looking forward to it...
The camera's are mine...the closest he will get is holding the umbrella when it rains.
s4j
Camping King

Postby Barby-Q » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:37 am

At this stage we are trying for Friday night as well as I may have some things to do Saturday, so I can bugger off and return later.

Troy , must have a few coming now?

Any others coming?
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby kazzakanary » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:32 pm

What time wil you stay till on Sunday?? We would be there be late morning hopefully
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:41 pm

kazzakanary wrote:What time wil you stay till on Sunday?? We would be there be late morning hopefully

I'll probalby stick it out till at least 2pm :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Troyk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:44 pm

Barby-Q wrote:Troy , must have a few coming now?

Any others coming?

I gotta work it out. I think we have 5 camping over and perhaps 4 coming for the day. :grin:

Has anyone not put up their hand yet?

Troyk

Day Trip

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 am

Hey Troy,

I expect I will have a few with me for the day trip, currently expect about 4 but there could be another dozen or so if the word gets out. I will be arriving around 11:00 and leaving around 4:00. I am going to try and get up to the park tomorrow to have a look at a spot to set-up for the day. I understand it is a first come first serve basis so if you are there Friday night it might be best if you make a claim early Sat morn around a park table and barbeque. So I would expect all up 10 - 12 groups of about 2 - 4 but likely coming and going over the day. I will know more over the week. Is there anything you can think I should organise?

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby ChallengeLee » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:03 pm

Damn!!.....Have only just caught up with this thread and have plans for the weekend of the 3rd already but count me in for the next one.

Lee
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby jeddalegs » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:19 pm

hubby and i were planning to camp sat nite bringing the dog do u think we'd find a spot to camp or it'll be too busy? we'd arrive early sat
jeddalegs
Boy Scout

Postby Barby-Q » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:25 pm

You'll be right there's plenty of room . We'll make sure there is.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Barby-Q » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:39 pm

I forgot to mention that my son A J has spent most of the weekend bringing down wood from the back. A heaped 8x5 trailer full should be enough ? A mixture of small sticks to large logs.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:09 pm

Barby-Q wrote:I forgot to mention that my son A J has spent most of the weekend bringing down wood from the back. A heaped 8x5 trailer full should be enough ? A mixture of small sticks to large logs.

AJ :+

Troyk

Sharp Park

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:46 pm

I went up on Sunday and had a look at the park. Nice spot wasn't too busy when I was there but I hope everyone staying the weekend has booked as it may fill up.

Troy and/or Barby-Q if you are up early Saturday it may be a good idea to make a claim on the first bench area as it had a couple of barbeques and a double bench and near the creek, apart from that it all looks good a nice little creek for the kids to cool down in and I guess 20 or so camping spots, rain water and toilets.

I will be up there around 11:00 ish Saturday so looking forward to finally meeting everyone. Barby-Q I think the last one of these was almost a year ago, lets hope we can get them a little more regular, By the way thanks for thinking of the firewood I did noticed the barbeques were all wood burners.

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 am

I dont think we will have to worry about running out of water next week end . We have had 125mm since 6pm last night , set to continue during the week . Just hope the catchment areas get some .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:28 am

According to the 7 day forecast on the weather channel its storms until wednesday and fine after that, with cloudy periods on Sunday.

I'd suggest ground sheets under tents etc might be a good idea.

Troyk

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities