4x4 Tours in/around Sydney

List your stuff for sale or wanted here. Outdoor furniture, home, gardening, clothing, anything really except motor vehicles or real estate as that is catered for below. Post or sell offer here for free. (Add you suburb, buy or sell and item to heading we will organise letter).

4x4 Tours in/around Sydney

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:03 am

I'd like to offer 4x4 tours for adventure and/or scenic purposes. I've had a brief look around, and there's seems to be only one company in sydney doing this at the moment. One day, passenger tours start around $225 pp, min 2 people :shock: Not bad work ay? And self drive tours (byo 4x4) round $120... seeing as how I wouldn't be doing this full-time etc, i'd prolly only charge 1/2 that, to chip into fuel. Soooo, i'd love some feedback from people who aren't as heavily into 4x4ing as I am, and therefore not so Biased. Would something like this appel to you? Do you think it would appeal to people in generall? Tourists etc... i'd be happy to give anyone off this forum a demo, just chip in for fuel. If it looked to be a good idea i'd probly look into providing lunch etc in some of the scenic spots I know.

The other thing I noticed is that the 'adventurous' (rough) side of 4x4ing is really not on offer with this mob... I know when I was buying my 4x4 it would have really helped to go on something like this. Driver training, but not limited to the boring, soft-roader training that seems to be whats on offer mostly.

a penny for your thoughts :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Cheiffy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:08 am

Go for it Ozzy, I have often thought of the same thing. One market I thought of was the backacker market. Keep it cheap and exciting, and you should do OK. Just get on their forums and ask.

Cheers

Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:00 pm

If my hearing wasn't so crap I'd do it myself ... we used to offer photographic tours ... $1000/ day (four ppl) ... my wife would come along and do the emals ... it was a great time ... just chat to the Business Council (ot whatever it is over there) and get some accreditation.

Oh ... you need insurance too ... lots and lots of insurance.

:D

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Buy & Sell