Adelaide Camping Group

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Adelaide Camping Group

Postby TwistedTania » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:20 am

Anyone interested in starting up a camping group in Adelaide ?
I was thinking a family friendly type group ??

Tania
TwistedTania

Postby homekegger1 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Tania,

Sounds like a great idea. However we currently have no children of our own, we are looking to start a family by the end of the year. We have a dog that we love to take camping with us. He is an excellent peoples dog. Let us know how it all goes.

Cheers

HK
homekegger1
Camping King

Postby TwistedTania » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi , I hope my post saying about being family friendly didn't put people off . We have kids but the youngest is 16 - I only suggested family friendly as I think it would be good to have families involved.
By all means if you don't have kids and want to participate, you are more than welcome.
About us , I have had a small amount of camping experience in the Scouting movement but by no means am I a expert. Most times I have been camping someone else has put up the tents LOL.
We are only just recently got interested in camping - more as a means of getting away from it all .We enjoy fishing as well and hope to camp very soon - thinking of Deep Creek or Mannum ( evidently there is free camping there)

Tania
TwistedTania

Postby jollyroger » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:42 pm

Yes I am interested. we have two kids 8 and 6 and a mutt.
The kids love camping in our Camper Trailer. We are looking for somewhere for the xmas break. So far Robe or Kingston is front runner. Someone suggested Cape Jaffa. I have never been there before.

How far are you willing to go? For Long Weekends we put up to 2 hour limit on travel. that way you get more time camping than driving.

We also go almost everywhere with sister in law and hubby with their CT.
We both have 4DW's too. But are not hard core. we love doing easier tracks. Would love to go to Saunders Gorge near Mount Pleasant that has camping and very easy scenic 4WD tracks.
The missus and I are 40 non religious and non political! I am also partial to a great bottle of SA Red or white.

Let us know what you want to do or organise.

:?#
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby fedaykin » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:46 pm

have u guys organised anything or has it fallen in a heap ?

(sorry if i'm grave digging a dead topic)
if you can't learn to do it right.
enjoy doing it badly.
fedaykin
Camping King

Postby jollyroger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:06 pm

No it never really went anywhere. But I would love to get it going. We had had a hectic year so far and not much camping. We should put it back on the agenda soon.
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby fedaykin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:19 pm

well. whenever u get an idea of whats happening.

i'd be up for it, and maybe i'll bring the girl.

:cheers
enjoy doing it badly.
fedaykin
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:40 pm

All it needs is for one of you guys to put your hand up to organise. There is not alot of work. :grin:

I'd pick a saturday for a day trip with the option for people to camp over the weekend.
Pick a venue not too far away from everyone, and with 2wd access and toilets
Pick a weekend that doesn't clash with long weekends and major sporting events. I'd go for Feb so you can give everyone a chance to plan for it.

Good Luck. If you need advice etc feel free to PM/email me. :?#
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby jollyroger » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:08 pm

All good points - but you don't go anywhere in SA during Feb. It's the hottest month with a lot of the days above 40.

Well let's get the ball rolling so to speak.

What vehicles do you have? I have Mitsubishi 4WD (stop the sniggering :booty ) and we have a Camper Trailer. I have two kids aged 8 and 6 and a staffy (abby) we now call wombat (she's getting old and fat) the dog doesn't have to come but she is friendly and gets along with everything. Oh and the partner she has to come too!

JR! :?#
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby fedaykin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:15 pm

lol. i find it funny the family pet got mentioned b4 the missus. :+

i've got an XF manual ute. (love the space :d)
enjoy doing it badly.
fedaykin
Camping King

Camping Club

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:37 pm

Hey JR,

You sound like you may have enough motivation to get something going there JR. It takes a while to get a core group going but once you have 6 - 8 group/families together it starts to build. We are finally getting something happening up here in SE Qld. Thanks to Troy, Andy and Alan and partners of course.

I can provide some advertising/radio support, cap giveaways etc. and if it builds some sponsorship through our advertisers. So from there you will need to be keen enought to field calls, choose location etc. Perhaps a day trip is a good way to start.

Let me know. You can PM me if you like.

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby jollyroger » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Lets pick a time and see how it stacks up with peoples social calanders.

How about Easter and I suggest a lovely spot called Spear Creek which is a favourite of ours.
Now please don't take this as a given. By all means tell me where you would prefer or know of a better place that is either closer or combines more. I am not an expert at locations. I know what I know...

Spear Creek is just out of Port Augusta on the Wilmington Road. It's nestled at the foot of the Flinders Ranges. It has 4WD driving Tag alongs and magnificent camping grounds and lots more.

As I said it 's only a suggestion and I am willing to go closer to town if that suits. Oh and the time can change too! We could try early March.

let's give it a go and aim for something in the new year.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby fedaykin » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:26 pm

sounds good to me.

although it'd be the furthest i've travelled camping. (so far)
enjoy doing it badly.
fedaykin
Camping King

Postby jollyroger » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:32 pm

Please throw some other suggestions around. I'm not opposed to shorter distances.

I am open to anywhere...The missus does specify one thing though...POWER 240v nothing less...
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby fedaykin » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:03 pm

deep creek is the only place i've visited in terms of camping.

i found it enjoyable. i think one of the campsites has power. but i'm not sure.

its the only site i can really recommend atm.
enjoy doing it badly.
fedaykin
Camping King

Next

Return to Groups & Activities